Richard Crenna quotes
“Let me tell you a story, John. There was a sculptor. He found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months until he finally finished it. When he was ready he showed it to his friends. They said he had created a great masterpiece, but the sculptor said he hadn't created anything. The statue was always there, he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: How's the wound?
- Rambo: You taught us to ignore pain, right?
- Col. Samuel Trautman: Is it working?
- Rambo: Not really. Don't take it personal.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: Thanks.”
“- Trautman: You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over Johnny. It's over!
- Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lieutenant Fergus Falls: There are better ways to find out what a woman knows.
- Sergeant Orono: Dinner and a movie, lie to her, say you love her...”
“Gather up all these leaves for trace evidence. Shoot and gut every animal in the park. Their stomachs might include something that could be a clue. Donate the meat to charity. The hides can be turned into warm socks for the poor. Grind up the bones for dog food. I want nothing wasted.”
“There are two things that frost my butt: it's a snow cone about that high, and the other one is Ryan Harrison.”
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: You expect sympathy? You started this damn war! Now you'll have to deal with it!
- Colonel Zaysen: And we will. It is just a matter of time before we achieve a complete victory.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: Yeah, well, there won't be a victory! Every day, your war machines lose ground to a bunch of poorly-armed,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Teasle, you and all your men couldn't handle him before what makes you think you can handle him now? Only God knows what damage he's prepared to do.”
“I do the fucking, I never get fucked!”
“Setting him up for you? That's like bringing the pigeons to the cat.”
“- Ms. Martin: Generic alteration?
- Dr. Glen Thompson: Genetic.
- Ms. Martin: Whatever.”
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: You don't belong here, why don't you come back with me?
- Rambo: Back to what? My friends died here, and a piece of me did too.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: The war, the whole conflict may have been wrong, but damn it, don't hate your country for it.
- Rambo: Hate? I'd die for it.
- Col. Samuel Trautman: Then what is it you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: Can you fly that helicopter?
- Rambo: Let's find out!”
“This has more twists and turns than Chubby Checker in a blender.”
“Guilt or innocence, that's not my job. It's my duty to pick up scum-sucking punks like yourself who are accused of a crime. A jury of twelve really stupid people who are easily swayed by rich, fat-cat, slimy lawyers, who'll do anything but tell the truth, will sit in judgment of you. It's as American as a burrito.”
“- Trautman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.
- Rambo: Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!”
“- Jack Chester: Don't serve those.
- Al Pellet: What are you doing?
- Jack Chester: These are my lobsters.
- Al Pellet: Your lobsters?
- Jack Chester: That's right you've got my table but you're not getting my lobsters.”
“- Col. Samuel Trautman: How will you live, John?
- Rambo: Day by day.”
“I cannot tell you why women keep falling for the wrong man!”
“- Edmund Walker: He didn't have the goods, this guy. He was like a lot of guys you run into - they want to get rich, they want to do it quick, they want to be there with one score. But they're not willing to do what's necessary. Do you know what I mean?
- Ned: I'm not sure. You mean, lay the groundwork? Earn it?
- Edmund Walker: No. I mean do...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rufshaad: I can see you're no stranger to pain.
- Col. Denton Walters: I've been married.”