Plot – C.D. Bales is a cultured man, passionate about poetry and Fire Chief in Nelson, a calm ski town in North America. The beautiful and young Roxanne Kowalski arrives in town to conduct an astronomic research and Bales falls in love with her. However, she is attracted by Chris, a professional firefighter that Bales hired in his goofy team. Bales finds himself helping the shy and clumsy Chris to conquer Roxanne’s heart: he becomes the guy’s advisor, he writes love letters and he even talks to her pretending to be Chris, in order to express his feeling for the girl. The movie recalls the desperate aspiration of the romantic knight Cyrano de Bergerac.
All actors – Steve Martin, Daryl Hannah, Rick Rossovich, Shelley Duvall, John Kapelos, Fred Willard, Max Alexander, Michael J. Pollard, Steve Mittleman, Damon Wayans, Matt Lattanzi, Shandra Berishow all
“Roxanne” Quotes 19 quotes
“I am in orbit around you, I am suspended weightless over you like the blue man in the Chagall, hanging over you in a delirious kiss.”
“When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall.”
“Your breasts, they're like melons. No, no, they're like pillows. Can I fluff your pillows?”
“You see, I am and I will always be the one who loved you without limits.”
“I would rather be with the people of this town than with the finest people in the world.”
“I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream, and I hope you don't find this too crazy, is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dixie: Want anything? A drink?
- C.D. Bales: Yeah, but if I ask for another one, give it to me.”
“- Roxanne: You even got me in bed.
- C.D. Bales: Yeah. Yeah, what about that? You went to bed with him on your first date.
- Roxanne: Only because you seduced me. I would have never gone to bed with him otherwise.
- C.D. Bales: You still went to bed with him awfully fast! A few frilly words and you're counting ceilling tiles.
- Roxanne: I don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- C.D. Bales: Do you know the phrase carpe diem?
- Chris: It's, it's fish, fish bait, right?”
“- C.D. Bales: You said you didn't want a coat!
- Roxanne: I was being ironic.
- C.D. Bales: Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dixie: It's a riddle. What can you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with?
- C.D. Bales: I don't know.
- Dixie: A chair, a bed, and a toothbrush.
- C.D. Bales: What's the point?
- Dixie: The point is that sometimes the answer is so obvious, you don't even realize it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.”
“- C.D. Bales: It's hypnotic, isn't it?
- Chris: It's huge! It's enormous! It's gigantic! I mean, they said it was big, but I didn't expect it to be big!”
“I've been thinking about what attracted me to Chris. It wasn't the way he looked. Well, that's not true, at first it was the way he looked. But it was how he made me feel. He made me feel romantic, intelligent, feminine. But it wasn't him doing that, was it? It was you. You and your nose, Charlie. You have a big nose! You have a beautiful, great...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm tired of having a magnificient, fabulous, interesting nose. I want a cute little, petite, little button nose.”
“That's our new computer. We can pinpoint any fire in town with that. It's perfect for us, because, you know, we're the fire department.”
“I notice you don't have any tattoos. I think that's a wise choice. I don't think Jackie Onassis would've gone as far if she'd have had an anchor on her arm.”