Dexter Fletcher quotes
“Well, that's crap. Who's ever got time to act natural with a girl?”
“The best first impressions are the ones that are misleading. I mean, you can be whoever you want and whoever they want you to be.”
“- Charles Highway: I can never get these damn things on.
- Rachel Noyce: Well, it helps if you don't undo it first.”
“I always devise a background so that it makes what your character goes through logical and keeps up the continuity.”
- La trovi in Actors' Love Affairs
“She's the best influence on me. She's my hero and my best friend.”
- La trovi in Career in Cinema
“- Soap: You mean to tell me that the only thing connecting us with the murders is in the back of your car which is parked outside?
- Tom: They cost me 700 quid. I'm not just going to throw them away. They're hardly likely to trace 'em back to us, now are they?
- Soap: You really think it's worth taking the risk for 700 pounds? Tom, you're a dick.”
“- Soap: Little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Ken Webb: Have a lot of you guys been injured?
- John W. Martin: It's called "wounded", Peanut. "Injured" is when you fall out of a tree or something.
“You spend 15-20 minutes trying not to come and then when you do, you have to give a pretty credible performance.”
“Back where I come from, any experience with something with only two feet, uhm, was considered a plus... but down here in London... it's all about something else. Getting a girl can be like... waging a full-scale campaign.”
“If there's one thing that mothers don't want to see in you it's whatever it is that their daughters do.”
“- Charles Highway: I notice you don't have a drink.
- Rachel Noyce: Are you giving this party?
- Charles Highway: Certainly not. Parties of this kind are not given, they're received.”