Rufus Sewell quotes
“Years of compromise and disappointment have added depth to my acting.”
“You want to know what it is about us that made us human. Well, you’re not going to find it in here. You went looking in the wrong place.”
“I want to be able to do anything. I know it's probably not reasonable to expect, but that's what I'd like to do.”
“- Alfie Byrne: She is like a dove that has strayed. She is like a Narcissus trembling in the wind. She is like a silver flower.
- Robbie Fay: You know what I think?
- Alfie Byrne: What, Bosie?
- Robbie Fay: I think you're soft on her.”
“- Marke: Do you find no comfort in your home, these stearn walls that you helped build?
- Tristan: I find these walls a prison.”
“- Veronica Franco: My people are true citizens 700 years back.
- Marco Venier: A coat of arms does not an inheritance make.”
“Did I love him like a son? Or did I misuse him for my own purposes?”
“- Frank: This is what women feel like when they give birth.
- Daniel: Yeah, except my hand kind of hurts.”
“- Marke: Isolde, I was trying to explain to Tristan the importance of love. Seems he might live without it.
- Isolde: Why?
- Tristan: There are other things to live for: duty, honor.
- Isolde: But they are not life Tristan. They are the shells of life, and empty ones if in the end all they hold are days and days without love. Love is made by...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eric Stark: Watch. If God loves his children so much, maybe he'll stop this. Redeem him, somehow. Or maybe the release I've offered him is his only salvation.
- Cody: He hasn't forgotten you.”
“Everyone has sex on aeroplanes.”
“There's nothing more boring than looking at paintings. Only reason anyone ever comes to an art gallery is to get laid.”
“- Eric Stark: Maggie, are you really going to shoot me in front of Cody?
- Maggie O'Connor: Close your eyes, honey.”
“Is it possible a man blinded by love might not see treachery right in front of him?”
“What if we never knew each other before now... and everything you remember, and everything that I'm supposed to remember, never really happened, someone just wants us to think it did?”
“- Mark Gertler: Haven't you any self-respect?
- Dora Carrington: Not much.
- Mark Gertler: But he's a disgusting pervert!
- Dora Carrington: You always have to put up with something.”
“Maybe I have lost my mind, but whoever I am, I'm still me and I'm not a killer.”
“I don't think the sun even... exists... in this place. 'Cause I've been up for hours, and hours, and hours, and the night never ends here.”