“The Mummy” quotes(1999)
Plot – In 1719 b.C. in Thebes, Egypt, a forbidden love blossoms between the mean high priest Imhotep and Anck On Namum, Pharaoh's mistress. Anck kills herself and Imhotep abandons himself to desperate acts in Hamunaptra, City of the Dead, raising in this way the ire of the gods. The gods impose him a terrible curse for his immoral behavior: his body will be mummified but Imhotep won’t die: he will forever live a haunted existence unless someone doesn’t bring his rotting corpse back to life. The scream of the unfortunate’s pain fade as his coffin is buried in the grave and the curse becomes a reality, while his evil and vengeful heart begins to beat in the dark with a sinister and constant sound.
All actors – Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Arnold Vosloo, Kevin J. O'Connor, Jonathan Hyde, Oded Fehr, Erick Avari, Stephen Dunham, Corey Johnson, Tuc Watkins, Omid Djalili, Aharon Ipalé, Bernard Fox, Patricia Velasquez, Carl Chase, Mohammed Afifi, Abderrahim El Aadili, Jake Arnott, Mason Ball, Isobel Brook, James Traherne Burton, Peter Chequer, Porl Smith, Ian Warner, , George Lane Cooper, Sean Cronin, Ray Donn, Howie Dorough, Andrew Elias, Lisa-Beth Harris, Alex Lorre, João Costa Menezes, Taylor Murphy, Jim Templar, Paul Woodadgeshow all
“The Mummy” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Evelyn Carnahan: Have you no respect for the dead?
- Jonathan Carnahan: Of course I do. But sometimes... I'd rather like to join them.
- Evelyn Carnahan: Well, I wish you would do it sooner rather than later before you ruin my career the way you've ruined yours.”
“Thebes, City of the Living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck Su Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.”
“This creature is the bringer of death. It will never eat, it will never sleep, and it will never stop.”
“It is better to be the right hand of the devil than in his path.”
“- Mr. Henderson: Do they know something we don't?
- Dr. Allen Chamberlain: They are led by a woman. What does a woman know?”
“- Rick O'Connell: That's called stealing, you know.
- Evelyn Carnahan: According to you and my brother it's called borrowing.”
“Mister O'Connell, can you look me in the eye, and guarantee me that this isn't all some kind of a flimflam?”
“- Rick O'Connell: Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you.
- Evelyn Carnahan: The only thing that scares me, Mr. O'Connell, are your manners.”
“- Captain Winston Havelock: What's the, uh, what's the challenge, then?
- Rick O'Connell: Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, and save the world.”
“- Rick O'Connell: The Book of the Dead? Are you sure you want to be playing around with this thing?
- Evelyn Carnahan: It's just a book. No harm ever came from... reading a book.”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: Patience is a virtue.
- Rick O'Connell: Not right now, it isn't.”
“- Captain Winston Havelock: You know, O'Connell, ever since the end of the Great War, there hasn't been a-a single challenge worthy of a man like me.
- Rick O'Connell: Yeah? We all got our little problems today. Don't we, Winston?”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: It's called mummification. You'll be dead when they do this.
- Rick O'Connell: For the record, if I don't make it out of here, don't put me down for mummification.
- Jonathan Carnahan: Likewise.”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: You lied to me.
- Jonathan Carnahan: I lie to everybody. What makes you so special?
- Evelyn Carnahan: I am your sister.
- Jonathan Carnahan: Yes, well, that just makes you more gullible.”
“- Dr. Terrence Bey: Compared to you, the other plagues were a joy!
- Evelyn Carnahan: I am so very sorry. It was an accident.
- Dr. Terrence Bey: My girl, when Rameses destroyed Syria, that was an accident. You are a catastrophe!”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am.
- Rick O'Connell: And what is that?
- Evelyn Carnahan: I... am a librarian.”
“- Evelyn Carnahan: I've dreamt about this since I was a little girl.
- Rick O'Connell: You dream about dead guys?”