“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” quotes(2003)
Sir Peter Jackson directed this movie in 2003
Title The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Director Peter Jackson
Genre Adventure, Fantasy, Action
Director Peter Jackson
Genre Adventure, Fantasy, Action
Plot – Sauron’s troops attacked Gondor’s capital Minas Tirith for the last siege against mankind. The kingdom was once splendid but now it is governed by a miserable steward and it urgently needs its king. While Gandalf desperately encourages the disorganized Gondor’s army to fight back, Thèoden teams up with Rohan’s warriors to fight together. Even if the human army is brave and passionately loyal, it fails to counteract the extremely numerous enemy legions that are invading the whole kingdom. Every victory requires great sacrifice. Despite the heavy loss, the Fellowship faces the greatest battle ever fought. The purpose is to distract Sauron and to give Frodo a chance to fulfill his mission.
All actors – Noel Appleby, Alexandra Astin, Sean Astin, David Aston, John Bach, Sean Bean, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Sadwyn Brophy, Alistair Browning, Marton Csokas, Richard Edge, Jason Fitch, Bernard Hill, Ian Holm, Bruce Hopkins, Ian Hughes, Lawrence Makoare, Ian McKellen, Bret McKenzie, Sarah McLeod, Maisy McLeod-Riera, Dominic Monaghan, Viggo Mortensen, John Noble, Paul Norell, Miranda Otto, Bruce Phillips, Shane Rangi, John Rhys-Davies, Todd Rippon, Thomas Robins, Andy Serkis, Harry Sinclair, Peter Tait, Joel Tobeck, Liv Tyler, Karl Urban, Stephen Ure, Hugo Weaving, David Wenham, Elijah Wood, Alan Howard, Sala Baker, Robert Pollock, Ross Duncan, Pete Smith, Jed Brophy, Lee Hartley, Billy Jackson, Katie Jackson, Brad Dourif, Christopher Lee, Bruce Spence, Jørn Benzon, Peter Jackson, Royd Tolkienshow all
“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” Quotes 33 quotes
“How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold.”
“From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.”
“- Eowyn: I'm going to save you.
- Theoden: You already did... Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.”
“A fourth age of middle-earth began. And the fellowship of the ring, though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended. Thirteen months to the day since Gandalf sent us on our long journey... we found ourselves looking upon a familiar sight. We were home.”
“Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?”
“Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?”
“- Frodo: I can see the Shire. The Brandywine River. Bag End. The Lights in the Party Tree.
- Sam: Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I were to marry someone, it would have been her. It would have been her.
- Frodo: I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.”
“- Merry: Are you going to leave me?
- Pippin: No, Merry. I'm going to look after you.”
“- Elrond: I looked into your future and I saw death.
- Arwen: But there is also life. You saw there was a child, you saw my son!
- Elrond: That future is almost gone.
- Arwen: But it is not lost.
- Elrond: Nothing is certain.
- Arwen: Some things are certain. If I leave him now, I will regret it forever.”
“- Eomer: You should not encourage him.
- Eowyn: You should not doubt him.
- Eomer: I do not doubt his heart, only the reach of his arm.”
“- Gimli: Where do you think you're going?
- Aragorn: Not this time, Gimli. This time you must stay.
- Legolas: Have you learned nothing of the stubbornness of Dwarves?
- Gimli: You may as well accept it. We're going with you, laddy.”
“The mightiest man may be slain by one arrow... and Boromir was pierced by many.”
“I do not fear death.”
“- Gandalf: The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
- Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
- Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
- Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
- Gandalf: No... No it isn't.”
“- Elrond: You're outnumbered, Aragorn. You need more men.
- Aragorn: There are none.
- Elrond: There are those who dwell in the mountain.
- Aragorn: Murderers. Traitors. You would call upon them to fight? They believe in nothing. They answer to no one.
- Elrond: They will answer to the king of Gondor.”
“Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day!...” (continue)(continue reading)
I will not say "Do not weep", for not all tears are an evil.
“- Frodo: I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil between me... and the wheel of fire! I can see him... with my waking eyes!
- Sam: Then let us be rid of it... once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!”