“Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” quotes(2003)
Plot – 17th century. Pirate Barbossa assaults and plunders the city of Port Royal and kidnaps Elizabeth, the governor’s beautiful daughter. Her childhood friend Will Turner comes to her rescue, allied with the vagabond Jack Sparrow, whose ship Black Pearl was stolen by Barbossa. Aboard HMS Interceptor, the fastest ship in the British fleet, the two get on the trail of the fearsome pirate and discover that he and his crew are victims of a curse. They are condemned to live as undead and turn into skeletons on full moon nights.
All actors – Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jack Davenport, Jonathan Pryce, Lee Arenberg, Mackenzie Crook, Damian O'Hare, Giles New, Angus Barnett, David Bailie, Michael Berry Jr., Isaac C. Singleton Jr., Kevin McNally, Treva Etienne, Zoe Saldana, Guy Siner, Ralph P. Martin, Paula J. Newman, Paul Keith, Dylan Smith, Lucinda Dryzek, Luke de Woolfson, Michael Sean Tighe, Greg Ellis, Dustin Seavey, Christian Martin, Israel Oyelumade, Trevor Goddard, Vince Lozano, Ben Wilson, Antonio Valentino, Lauren Maher, Matthew Bowyer, Brye Cooper, Mike Babcock, Owen Finnegan, Ian McIntyre, Vanessa Branch, Sam Roberts, Ben Roberts, Martin Klebba, Félix Castro, Mike Haberecht, Rudolph McCollum, Gerard J. Reyes, M. Scott Shields, Christopher Sullivan, Craig Thomson, Fred Toft, D.P. FitzGerald, Jerry Gauny, Maxie J. Santillan Jr., Michael Earl Lane, Tobias McKinney, David Patykewich, Tommy Schooler, Michael A. Thompson, Michael W. Williams, Jose Zelaya, Finneus Egan, Don LaDaga, LeJon, Christopher S. Capp, Gregory Alosio, Jordi Caballero, Paul Gagné, Joe Grisaffi, James McAuleyshow all
“Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Norrington: You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.
- Jack Sparrow: But you have heard of me.”
“- Man in Jail: The Black Pearl? I've heard stories. She's been preying on ships and settlements for near ten years. Never leaves any survivors.
- Jack Sparrow: No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?”
“- Governor Weatherby Swann: I'm told it's the latest fashion in London.
- Elizabeth Swann: Well, women in London must have learned not to breathe.”
“Even a good decision if made for the wrong reasons can be a wrong decision.”
“- Joshamee Gibbs: He's a mute, sir. Poor devil had his tongue cut out, so he trained the parrot to talk for him. No one's yet figured how.
- Jack Sparrow: Mr. Cotton's... parrot. Same question.
- Parrot Voice: [squawk] Wind in the sails. Wind in the sails.
- Joshamee Gibbs: Mostly, we figure, that means 'yes'.”
“- Jack Sparrow: This girl... how far are you willing to go to save her?
- Will Turner: I'd die for her.
- Jack Sparrow: Oh good. No worries then.”
“- Will Turner: We're going to steal a ship? That ship?
- Jack Sparrow: Commandeer. We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term.”
“- Murtogg: I said no lies.
- Mullroy: I think he's telling the truth.
- Murtogg: If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us.
- Jack Sparrow: Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told it to you.”
“- Elizabeth Swann: So that's it, then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach drinking rum.
- Jack Sparrow: Welcome to the Caribbean, love.”
“- Elizabeth Swann: Will, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth?
- Will Turner: At least once more, Miss Swann, as always.”
- Elizabeth Swann: According to the Code of the Order of the Brethren...
- Barbossa: First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.
“- Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
- Elizabeth Swann: One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me. Do you really think there is even the slightest chance they won't see it?
- Jack Sparrow: But why is...” (continue)(continue reading)