“The Super” quotes(1991)
Title The Super
Director Rod Daniel
Director Rod Daniel
Plot – Louie has inherited from his father - a ruthless real estate owner - a run-down building in a ghetto. The tenants complain often because the building needs urgent repairs, but Louis doesn't care of them, even if he's forced by a judge to fix everything. Gradually he befriends his tenants, learning to be more humanitarian, unlike his father, and he realizes poor people have to be treated well. In the end he gains his housemates' affection and his father's esteem.
All actors – Joe Pesci, Vincent Gardenia, Madolyn Smith Osborne, Rubén Blades, Stacey Travis, Carole Shelley, Kenn Michael, Paul Benjamin, Beatrice Winde, Bhubeshi Bodibe, Abdoulaye NGom, Carol Jean Lewisshow all
“The Super” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Louie Kritski: Why is that you have twenty-four different kinds of pork rinds and you only have one kind of peanut butter?
- Cashier: Because we don't get too many fussy little white pricks in here.
- Louie Kritski: Okay.”
“- Louie Kritski: You want your electricity fixed? Move. Check into the fucking Plaza, just gimmie the rent Lady!
- Eleanor: Look at my boy. How's he supposed to do his schoolwork at night? By candle light?
- Louie Kritski: Lincoln did. Hey, maybe he'll grown up to be president, what the fuck do I know? Just gimmie the rent!”
“- Louie Kritski: Obviously it's unusually cold in the building today. Not necessarily due to a malfunction of our boiler.
- Ron Nessim: That piece of shit it totally gone!
- Louie Kritski: You can't prove that.
- Leotha: Prove it? My parakeet is frozen solid. I could crack walnuts with him!”
“- Louie Kritski: Why do they call you Milkman?
- Milkman: Because I killed the milkman.”
“- Big Lou Kritski: They've brain washed you. Like Patty Hearst. What's next? You gonna rig it into a Disney World?
- Louie Kritski: Pop...
- Big Lou Kritski: Don't call me 'Pop'. I don't recognize you anymore. You're not my son. You're breaking my heart!”
- Marlon: I don't think you look stupid.
- Louie Kritski: Then what are you looking at? The jacket? The hood? What?
- Marlon: It screams. You know what it says? It says, "Look at me! I'm wearing shit that nobody else in this neighborhood would wear. So come and stick me with a sharp object of your preference and then steal that hide-away wallet... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Louie Kritski: There's nothing wrong with the boiler in the building. It's running, ain't it?
- Leotha: Yeah. All the way up to forty degrees. I am freezing.
- Louie Kritski: Get a man.”
“- Louie Kritski: Why don't you insure the lady? This way when she decides to join that big Piñata party in the sky, you can use the insurance money to pay your rent. Know what I mean? What is it with you Latins, don't you have any pride?
- Marlon: I got pride. I'm proud I live in a building. I'm proud I don't live in a cardboard box. I have an...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let me explain something to you, son. You fix this place up on Monday, Friday it's back the way it was. You put in plumbing, they put chicken bones down the toilet. Put in heat, they piss in the hot air ducts!”
“- Louie Kritski: I need to use your bathroom.
- Eleanor: No!
- Louie Kritski: What am I supposed to do, shit outside?
- Eleanor: Lincoln did.”
“- Ron Nessim: How are we supposed to keep warm in the mean time?
- Louie Kritski: Burn one of your kids. What do I care?”
“- Big Lou Kritski: Heather, can I ask you something? How far did you go in school?
- Heather: Oh, well when I was in high school I wouldn't even let a guy touch me. But when I got to community college, I turned pretty wild.”