“When Trumpets Fade” quotes(1998)
All actors – Ron Eldard, Zak Orth, Frank Whaley, Dylan Bruno, Devon Gummersall, Dan Futterman, Steven Petrarca, Dwight Yoakam, Martin Donovan, Timothy Olyphant, Jeffrey Donovan, Bobby Cannavaleshow all
“When Trumpets Fade” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Capt. Roy Pritchett: Congratulations Private, you're a sergeant now.
- Pvt. David Manning: I am absolutely the wrong man!
- Capt. Roy Pritchett: You've managed to stay alive for a week: that's something the rest of your platoon couldn't do. Call me crazy, but from where I'm standing, that qualifies you for the job!”
“Get one thing fucking straight, man. There is no hang-back now. You got a glob of greenies looking at you to keep 'em alive and if I find out that one of them answers the last muster because of your yellow streak, I will personally put a bullet in your brain.”
“- Pvt. David Manning: What is your name?
- Doug Despin: Doug... Despin.
- Pvt. David Manning: Well, Doug Despin, this is the second time I'm telling you to shut up.”
“Sergeant Manning has an excellent innate understanding of battlefield conditions. His ability to react to aggressivesituations is unmatched by anybody in the company. His disrespect for authority is unable to hide his ability to lead. I strongly suggest that he be considered for the next platoon leader when and if the situation presents itself.”
“- Pvt. David Manning: The way I see it, we've got two choices. We can settle for being slaughtered in the push tomorrow, or we can take those tanks out tonight.
- Sgt. Talbot: There's no way in hell company will approve that.
- Pvt. David Manning: This isn't about company. If we do it, it's just us. We'll slip past the lines unchecked, just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Pvt. David Manning: Fucking greenie.
- Capt. Roy Pritchett: You better get used to him, he's your new platoon leader.
- Pvt. David Manning: He'll be dead in a week.”
“You don't think about it, you don't hesitate, you just do it, you understand? Otherwise, you're gonna go home to your mama in a box, alright?”
“- Pvt. David Manning: I'm not gonna make it. I'm losing too much blood.
- Warren Sanderson: You're gonna make it. You're gonna owe me big, lieutenant.
- Pvt. David Manning: I'm gonna owe you shit.”
“- Pvt. David Manning: If I can help you in any way without endangering my own life, I won't hesitate. But I'm not taking a bullet for anybody!
- Lt. Lukas: That's not good enough.
- Pvt. David Manning: That's as good as it gets.”
“- Medic Chamberlain: Tanks on our right side, 88 millimeter cannons on our left side. This fucking army.
- Pvt. David Manning: Fucking army.”
“- Pvt. David Manning: I was a private, three days ago.
- Captain Zenek: This isn't up for discussion, Lieutenant. You've got no choice in this. And as it is... neither do I.”
“August 1944. The outcome of the Second World War appeared to be no longer in doubt. Paris was liberated. After four years of fighting, victory against the Germans seemed assured. Since the Normandy landings, American and Allied forces had battled their way across northern Europe, and pushed the German enemy to within its own homeland.”
“Last time I had a hot meal was 5 days ago. Since then my entire platoon has been wiped out. That's why you're here. Just a bunch of guys in line to get shot so they can bring in a bunch of other guys. See how that works? Now once you get that through your fucking head, maybe you'll realize how important a hot meal could be.”
“- Medic Chamberlain: What's your name?
- Warren Sanderson: Warren.
- Medic Chamberlain: Welcome to the death factory, Warren.”
“Hey dude, give me that cigarette! See, only assholes smoke!”
“- Lieutenant Colonel: You hold that bridge Captain! That's an order!
- Capt. Roy Pritchett: I've already lost thirty men!
- Lieutenant Colonel: This isn't a debate, Pritchett! You hold that goddamn bridge!
- Capt. Roy Pritchett: This is suicide!”
“- Pvt. David Manning: Goddamn you, stick with it, Bobby! Fucking dig in, Bobby! Come on, whose tough as nails?
- Bobby: Me, sir.
- Pvt. David Manning: That's right, you're tough. Tough as what?
- Bobby: Nails.
- Pvt. David Manning: That's right, now you say it.”
“- Medic Chamberlain: Yesterday you were pulling for a section eight. Now you wanna lead some kind of renegade force, against the German tanks.
- Pvt. David Manning: The question is how do we stay alive. What you think of me doesn't really matter.”