You remember back in high school? I was starting to get really good at poker, went home with lots of lunch money? I got to know the principal's office really well. He always used to say to me "why can't you be more like your brother Peter". I was ok with that, I was proud of you and I was never jealous of anything that you had.
Until... (continue) (continue reading)
“While You Were Sleeping” quotes(1995)
Plot – Lucy works in the Chicago subway and dreams about a guy she sees everyday, even if he doesn't worth the girl a look. One day he's attacked by thugs and falls on the railways. Lucy rescues him and at the hospital everyone thinks she's his girlfriend.
All actors – Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher, Peter Boyle, Jack Warden, Glynis Johns, Micole Mercurio, Jason Bernard, Michael Rispoli, Ally Walker, Monica Keena, Ruth Rudnick, Marcia Wright, Dick Cusack, Thomas Q. Morris, Bernie Landis, James Krag, Rick Worthy, Marc Grapey, Joel Hatch, Mike Bacarella, Peter Siragusa, Gene Janson, Krista Lally, Kevin Gudahl, Ann Whitney, Margaret Travolta, Shea Farrell, Kate Reinders, Susan Messing, Richard Pickren, Megan Schaiper, Dobie Maxwell, Robert Minkoffshow all
“While You Were Sleeping” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Elsie: I could never make a good pot roast.
- Saul: You need good beef. Argentina has great beef: beef, and Nazis.”
“- Jack: Lucy? I have to ask you a question.
- Elsie: Get down on one knee, it's more romantic.
- Saul: Elsie, if he's proposing let him do it!
- Elsie: I am letting him do it.”
“- Jack: I guess I don't remember meeting you.
- Lucy: Well, that's probably because we've never met.
- Jack: That could have something to do with it.”
Peter once asked me when I fell in love with Jack. And I told him, "It was while you were sleeping".
“- Lucy: Who is it?
- Joe Jr.: Joe Jr..
- Lucy: I'm not here.
- Joe Jr.: I know that trick!”
“- Peter: Remember the squirrels?
- Jack: Don't even say it.
- Peter: First I knocked them out of their nest with a rock.
- Jack: Peter!
- Peter: Then I saved them.”
“Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person really knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that you were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old...” (continue) (continue reading)
“You were born into a family. You do not join them like you do the Marines.”
“I have a house, and family, and things like that... not like I'm complaining or anything, because I have a cat, I have an apartment, sole possession of the remote control. That's very important. It's just, I never met anyone I could laugh with.”
“- Saul: So, do you have any family?
- Lucy: My mom died when I was really little and a couple of years ago my dad got sick so we moved from Indiana so he could go to research hospital.
- Saul: Research. Another word for very expensive.
- Lucy: Yeah, I had to quit school and I started working for the CTA and about a year ago he decided he had had...” (continue) (continue reading)
“He would get these far-off looks in his eyes and he would say 'Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan'. I just wish I'd realized at the time, he was talking about my life.”
“I like Mass better in Latin. It's nicer when you don't know what they're saying.”
“- Lucy: I'm in love with your son.
- Ox: I know.
- Lucy: Not that one.
- Lucy: That one.”
“- Lucy: You give up your seat every day in the train.
- Peter: Well... But that's not heroic.
- Lucy: It is to the person who sits in it.”