Robert Carlyle quotes
“Bullying is a terrible, terrible thing.”
“Eat to live. Don't live to eat.”
“I was in pretty horrible shape. In fact I was on my way to a sanatorium to convalesce when a native scout told me a curious story. Man eats the flesh of another, he takes the other man's strength, absorbs his spirit. Well. Naturally I just had to try. Consequently I ate the scout first and you know he was absolutely right. I grew stronger....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I am a very patriotic guy, in terms of my Scottishness and my roots.”
“You want a good life? It's not complicated. Tell the girl you love that you love her. And tell the truth to everyone whenever you can.”
“I've got a degree in ass wiggling.”
“Traitors are defined not by themselves, but by the people they betray.”
“- Elmo McElroy: If I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris, all right?
- Felix DeSouza: You can still go to France. It's not too far, it's full of pricks and they hate fucking yanks as well!”
“- Macleane: I have morals.
- Plunkett: Oh, do you?
- Macleane: Most certainly, yes I do.”
“The darker the character, the more interesting.”
“Most of the time, you find that the smaller the budget, the more the project is about something substantive.”
“- Adolf Hitler: We were friends once, Ernst; you saw my potential before anyone else; you speak your mind unlike the others; and you love your men more than yourself, which is rare in a leader. But you refuse to bend. Why? You have power.
- Ernst Röhm: I don't want power, I want justice. My men were promised...
- Adolf Hitler: I don't care. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Pride is a weapon!”
“- Angela McCourt: If I were able I would go to work in the English factories.
- Malachy: Factory's no place for a woman, Angela.
- Angela McCourt: Sittin' on your arse is no place for a man, Malachy.”
“Marx was a Jew. The Communist Party is run by Jews.”
“- Frederick: You told me to take care of him.
- Felix DeSouza: I meant to take care of him, not fuckin' take care of him!”
“- Renard: You can't kill me, I'm already dead.
- James Bond: Oh yeah, not dead enough for me.”
“You remember this? You smell it? The scent... always jogs the memory, don't you think? Remember the energy? The potency of someone else coursing through your veins? Someone brave. You know the disappointment as it dissipates; the strength slipping from your grasp. The growing, killing need to replenish.”
“I wouldn't give the English the steam off my pish!”