Plot – Cinderella has lost her mother, so her father remarries and the girl has to welcome a new stepmother with her daughters Anastasia and Genevieve. Suddenly, her father dies too and Cinderella is at the mercy of the three evil women, but the young girl doesn't despair. She has met a handsome stranger and she thinks he's her soul mate. One evening the Royals invite all the girls of the kingdom to a dance and Cinderella hopes to meet the charming prince, but her stepmother forbids her to go. A gentle beggar helps Cinderella to get dressed.
All actors – Cate Blanchett, Lily James, Richard Madden, Helena Bonham Carter, Nonso Anozie, Stellan Skarsgård, Sophie McShera, Holliday Grainger, Derek Jacobi, Ben Chaplin, Hayley Atwell, Rob Brydon, Jana Perez, Alex Macqueen, Tom Edden, Gareth Mason, Paul Hunter, Eloise Webb, Joshua McGuire, Matthew Steer, Mimi Ndiweni, Laura Elsworthy, Ella Smith, Ann Davies, Gerard Horan, Katie West, Daniel Tuite, Anjana Vasan, Stuart Neal, Tomiwa Edun, Richard McCabe, Joseph Kloska, Andy Apollo, Craig Mather, Jonny Owen-Last, Nari Blair-Mangat, Michael Jenn, Josh O'Connor, , Andrew Fitch, Greg Lockett, Bhanu Alley, Elina Alminas, Francesca Bennett, Sophie-Anna Brough, James Butcher, Laurie Calvert, Arielle Campbell, Janet Dawe, Robert J. Fraser, Edward Lewis French, Melissa Galloway, Sean Francis George, Monique Geraghty, Alex Gillison, Riley Halden, John W.G. Harley, Ant Henson, Rajesh Kalhan, Bentley Kalu, Sayed Kassem, Joe Kennard, Victoria Ann Kenway, Ross Learoyd, Alex Marek, Barrie Martin, João Costa Menezes, Gino Picciano, Sarah Sharman, Drew Sheridan-Wheeler, Peter Stacey, Zizi Strallen, Tom Swacha, Georgie-May Tearle, Dolapo Umar, Leila Wong, Charlotte Worwood, Elliott Wrightshow all
“Cinderella” Quotes 21 quotes
“When there is kindness, there is goodness. When there is goodness, there is magic.”
“Now off you go, for you shall go to the ball... Remember, at the last stroke of midnight, the spell will be broken and all will return to what it was before.”
“- Captain: [to Cinderella] Miss. You are requested and required to present yourself to your king.
- Lady Tremaine: I forbid you to do this!
- Captain: And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?”
“- Lady Tremaine: [pointing to Ella's breakfast plate] Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?
- Cinderella: [smiles] It's my place.
- Lady Tremaine: Oh, it seems too much to expect you to prepare breakfast, serve it and to sit with us. Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella? Or should I say, Cinderella? Hmm?”
“Just because it's what's done doesn't mean it's what should be done!”
“- Cinderella: Why? Why are you so cruel? I don't understand it. I've tried to be kind to you.
- Lady Tremaine: You? Kind to me?
- Cinderella: Yes. And though no one deserves to be treated as you have treated me. Why are you doing it? Why?”
“- Cinderella: It was my mother's old dress.
- Lady Tremaine: It would be an insult to take you to the palace dressed in these old rags.”
“- Captain: Madam, there is no other maiden in your house?
- Lady Tremaine: No!
- Captain: And has your cat learned to sing?”
“I'm your Hairy Dogfather... Oh! I mean, your Fairy Godmother.”
“I can't drive, I'm a goose.”
“- Cinderella: Yes, stepmother.
- Lady Tremaine: You needn't call me that. Madam will do.”
“I have to leave. It's hard to explain. Lizards and pumpkins and... things.”
“- Cinderella: Mr. Lizard, I'm scared. I'm only a girl, not a princess.
- Lizard Footman: And I'm only a lizard, not a footman. Enjoy it while it lasts.”
“She had hoped to marry off one of her beautiful, stupid daughters to the prince. But his head was turned by a girl with glass slippers. And so, I lived unhappily ever after. My story would appear to be ended.”