Aristocracy quotes18 aristocracy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“An aristocrat with no servants is as much use to the country as a glass hammer.”
“- Count Von Rittenberg: Captain Hayes!
- Captain Bully Hayes: Admiral!
- Count Von Rittenberg: Count!
- Captain Bully Hayes: Whatever!”
“- Society Girl: What's a baronet?
- Society Girl: Well, an aristocrat of some sort.
- Edith Cushing: A man that feeds off land that others work for him. A parasite with a title.”
“- Cinderella: Yes, stepmother.
- Lady Tremaine: You needn't call me that. Madam will do.”
“- Heinz, the Baron Krauss von Espy: I am a baron.
- Miles Massey: Yes, but do you not also hold a day job? Paying job. A... uh, a square job.
- Heinz, the Baron Krauss von Espy: Well, one has to live. I am the concierge of Les Pantalons Rouges at Bad-Gadesbourg in the canton of Uri.
- Miles Massey: And what does that job entail?”
“I'm a genuine countess with a lot of dough, and if that's your wife she's a tub of guts.”
“Lucy is a pure and virtuous girl. But, I admit that her free way of speaking shocks me sometimes. Jonathan says it is a defect of the aristocracy that they say what they please. The truth is that I admire Lucy, and I'm not surprised that men flock around her. I wish I were as pretty and as adored as she.”
“- Johnny Dio: How do you like your steak?
- Paul Cicero: Medium rare.
- Johnny Dio: Huh. An aristocrat.”
“I don't think race or country matters a damn. What matters, Colonel, is justice. Which is why I'm here. I'll be treated as I deserve, not as my father deserved. I'm Kilrain and I damn all gentlemen. There is only one aristocracy, and that is right here [points to his head]. And that's why we've got to win this war.”
“- King Mongkut: l have decided to give self anniversary dinner and invite important English nobles and diplomats.
- Anna Leonowens: l don't understand.
- King Mongkut: French lndochina grows stronger and more aggressive. But if l improve our foreign intercourse with your queen's special envoy, French will think three times before trying to...” (continue)(continue reading)