Helena Bonham Carter quotes
“- Maud Watts: You a suffragette, Mrs. Ellyn?
- Edith Ellyn: Yes, well I consider myself more a soldier, Mrs. Watts.”
“- Red Queen: What happened to your clothes?
- Alice: I outgrew them. I've been growing an awful lot lately. I tower over everyone in Umbridge. They laugh at me. So, I've come to you hoping you might understand what it's like.
- Red Queen: My dear girl, anyone with a head that large is welcome in my court. Someone find her some clothes, use the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Now off you go, for you shall go to the ball... Remember, at the last stroke of midnight, the spell will be broken and all will return to what it was before.”
“- Tival: Apes are afraid of water. They can't swim.
- Ari: We drown!
- Daena: That is why every day we pray for rain.”
“Everything I did I swear I thought was only for the best!”
“- Alice Kingsleigh: Wait!
- Red Queen: Oh, Alice, you always were an irksome slurvish, interrupting things!”
“One day they'll tell a story about a human who came from the stars and changed our world. Some will say it was just a fairy tale, but it was never real. But I'll know.”
“I'm your Hairy Dogfather... Oh! I mean, your Fairy Godmother.”
- Lionel Logue: Well, we need to have your hubby pop by. Tuesday would be good. He can give me his personal details, I'll make a frank appraisal, and then we'll take it from there.
- Queen Elizabeth: Doctor, forgive me,I don't have a "hubby," we don't "pop," and nor do we ever talk about our private lives. No, you must come to us.
- Lionel Logue... (continue)(continue reading)
“Go chew on someone else's ear a while.”
“- Helen Schlegel: Did you see the dawn?
- Leonard Bast: Yes. It suddenly got light.
- Helen Schlegel: And was it wonderful?
- Leonard Bast: No.”
“- Captain Leo Davidson: Our apes couldn't talk.
- Ari: Maybe they chose not to... given the way you treated them.”
“Multitasking? I can't even do two things at once. I can't even do one thing at once.”
“It took me ages to grow into being a woman, into being happy with it.”
“I'm often criticised for what I wear. That's my main label in the press now: disastrous dresser!”
“- Ari: Maybe we're not so different.
- Captain Leo Davidson: No, we're very different. You care about everybody, but yourself.”
“You kill him, and you'll only lower yourself to his level.”