Lily James quotes
“It’s odd, isn’t it? Some people seem perfectly happy alone, while others just need someone to pass the time with. It doesn’t matter who.”
“- Young Donna: We only just met.
- Young Bill: And you're not that kind of girl?
- Young Donna: Absolutely not... usually.”
“- David: To get even one Michelin star, you have to be like Luke Skywalker. Okay? To get two, you have to be... whoever Alec Guinness was. But if you manage to get three... you're Yoda.
- Sara: Well, what if he's Darth Vader?”
“- Lady Tremaine: [pointing to Ella's breakfast plate] Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?
- Cinderella: [smiles] It's my place.
- Lady Tremaine: Oh, it seems too much to expect you to prepare breakfast, serve it and to sit with us. Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella? Or should I say, Cinderella? Hmm?”
“The very first moment I beheld you, my heart was irrevocably gone.”
“I shall never relinquish my sword for a ring.”
“Just because it's what's done doesn't mean it's what should be done!”
“- Sara: He scares me.
- David: He's a two-star Michelin chef. He's supposed to be scary.”
“- Cinderella: Why? Why are you so cruel? I don't understand it. I've tried to be kind to you.
- Lady Tremaine: You? Kind to me?
- Cinderella: Yes. And though no one deserves to be treated as you have treated me. Why are you doing it? Why?”
“- Cinderella: It was my mother's old dress.
- Lady Tremaine: It would be an insult to take you to the palace dressed in these old rags.”
“- Cinderella: Yes, stepmother.
- Lady Tremaine: You needn't call me that. Madam will do.”
“I have to leave. It's hard to explain. Lizards and pumpkins and... things.”
“- Cinderella: Mr. Lizard, I'm scared. I'm only a girl, not a princess.
- Lizard Footman: And I'm only a lizard, not a footman. Enjoy it while it lasts.”