Annette Bening quotes
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Andrew Shepherd: Do you think there will ever be a time when you can stand in a room with me and not think of me as the President?
- Sydney Ellen Wade: This isn't a state of mind. You are the President. And when I'm in a room with you, oval or any other shape, I'm always gonna be a lobbyist, and you're always gonna be the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?”
“It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right.”
“- Virginia Hill: Do you always talk this much before you do it?
- Bugsy Siegel: I only talk this much before I kill someone.”
“ My son was born in 1964. He grew up with a meaningless war, with protests, with Nixon, with nice cars and nice houses, computers, drugs, boredom. I know him less every day.”
“I think history has been tough on men.I mean, they can't be what they were,and they can't figure out what's next.”
“Men always feel that they have to fix things for women, but they're not doing anything. Some things just can't be fixed. Just be there, somehow that's hard for all of you.”
“Having your heart broken is a tremendous way to learn about the world.”
“Wondering if you're happy is a great shortcut to just being depressed.”
“Ever wonder why history repeats itself?”
“If it works, why do you need to do it 183 times?”
“Impostors who silently infiltrate, then take over on planets.”
“You have a mission. Serve well, and with honor.”
“Most people are looking for something to give their life meaning.”
“I love the luxury of the camera. The camera does so much for you. I like the secrets a camera can tell.”
“We've been screwing for 21 hours non-stop.”
“We're the CIA, something always goes wrong.”
“- Sydney Ellen Wade: Oh, Andy, a C minus in Women's Studies.
- President Andrew Shepherd: Yeah, well, that class wasn't about what I thought it was about.”
“There are so many different kinds of relationships, so it's sort of difficult to define what is considered normal.”