Annette Bening quotes
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- President Andrew Shepherd: Do you think there will ever be a time when you can stand in a room with me and not think of me as the President?
- Sydney Ellen Wade: This isn't a state of mind. You are the President. And when I'm in a room with you, oval or any other shape, I'm always gonna be a lobbyist, and you're always gonna be the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ever wonder why history repeats itself?”
“If it works, why do you need to do it 183 times?”
“Impostors who silently infiltrate, then take over on planets.”
“You have a mission. Serve well, and with honor.”
“Most people are looking for something to give their life meaning.”
“I love the luxury of the camera. The camera does so much for you. I like the secrets a camera can tell.”
“We've been screwing for 21 hours non-stop.”
“We're the CIA, something always goes wrong.”
“- Sydney Ellen Wade: Oh, Andy, a C minus in Women's Studies.
- President Andrew Shepherd: Yeah, well, that class wasn't about what I thought it was about.”
“There are so many different kinds of relationships, so it's sort of difficult to define what is considered normal.”
“Acting is not about being famous, it's about exploring the human soul.”
“- Bugsy Siegel: Got a light?
- Virginia: The way you were looking at me, I thought you were going to ask for something more interesting.”
“- Barbara Land: Do you have to drink in front of me?
- Art Land: You're an adult. Cope.”
“- Carolyn Burnham: Uh, whose car is that out front?
- Lester Burnham: Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!”
“I guess I'm happy when I don't want to be anywhere else but where I am.”
“- Carolyn Burnham: Lester, I refuse to live like this! This is not a marriage!
- Lester Burnham: This hasn't been a marriage for years, but you were happy as long as I kept my mouth shut. Well, guess what, I've changed! And the new me whacks off when he feels horny, 'cause you're obviously not gonna help me out in that department!”