Annette Bening quotes
“- Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go fuck himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
- Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this kind of behavior is something to be proud of.
- Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer that I go through life like...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I ran the network in Iraq for two years. Samir recruited them from among the Sheik's followers and I trained them in the north. The Sheik was going to help us overthrow Saddam, I mean, he was our ally. We were financing him. Then there was a policy shift. It's not like we sold them out exactly, we just stopped helping them. They were slaughtered.”
“- President Andrew Shepherd: Do you think there will ever be a time when you can stand in a room with me and not think of me as the President?
- Sydney Ellen Wade: This isn't a state of mind. You are the President. And when I'm in a room with you, oval or any other shape, I'm always gonna be a lobbyist, and you're always gonna be the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?”
“It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right.”
- Sydney Ellen Wade: Two hundred pairs of eyes are focused on you with two questions on their minds: "who's this girl", and "why is the President dancing with her?".
- President Andrew Shepherd: Well, first of all, the two hundred pairs of eyes aren't focused on me. They're focused on you. And the answers are Sydney Ellen Wade, and because she... (continue)(continue reading)
“I know that people get confused in this life about what they want, and what they've done, and what they think they should've because of it. Everything they think they are or did, takes hold so hard that it won't let them see what they can be.”
“- Virginia Hill: Do you always talk this much before you do it?
- Bugsy Siegel: I only talk this much before I kill someone.”
“ My son was born in 1964. He grew up with a meaningless war, with protests, with Nixon, with nice cars and nice houses, computers, drugs, boredom. I know him less every day.”
“I think history has been tough on men.I mean, they can't be what they were,and they can't figure out what's next.”
“Men always feel that they have to fix things for women, but they're not doing anything. Some things just can't be fixed. Just be there, somehow that's hard for all of you.”
“Having your heart broken is a tremendous way to learn about the world.”
“Wondering if you're happy is a great shortcut to just being depressed.”
“Ever wonder why history repeats itself?”
“If it works, why do you need to do it 183 times?”
“Impostors who silently infiltrate, then take over on planets.”
“You have a mission. Serve well, and with honor.”
“Most people are looking for something to give their life meaning.”
“I love the luxury of the camera. The camera does so much for you. I like the secrets a camera can tell.”
“We've been screwing for 21 hours non-stop.”
“We're the CIA, something always goes wrong.”