Plot – Looking for an odd gift? A Mogwai is the right choice: it's the cute animal two kids see peeping out from the cage in a Chinese junk shop. Beware it as it suffers the light, must avoid water and, above all, should not eat after midnight. The new owners do everything wrongly and from Mogwai's wet hair some Gremlins come alive: they are ferocious and pestiferous creatures which quickly multiply out of proportion and put under fire the entire city and terrorize the inhabitants. A boy, with the help of the good Mogway, tries to put under control the "enemies".
All actors – Hoyt Axton, John Louie, Keye Luke, Don Steele, Susan Burgess, Scott Brady, Arnie Moore, Corey Feldman, Harry Carey Jr., Zach Galligan, Dick Miller, Phoebe Cates, Polly Holliday, Donald Elson, Belinda Balaski, Daniel Llewelyn, Edward Andrews, Judge Reinhold, Lois Foraker, Chuck Jones, Kenny Davis, Frances Lee McCain, Glynn Turman, Nicky Katt, Tracy Wells, John C. Becher, Gwen Willson, Jackie Joseph, Jonathan Banks, Joe Brooks, Jim McKrell, Frank Welker, Howie Mandel, Fred Newman, Mark Dodson, Michael Winslow, Peter Cullen, Bob Bergen, Michael Sheehan, Bob Holt, Mushroom, Adam Bean, Karen Bean, Tom Bergeron, Jerry Goldsmith, Marvin Miller, Dean Rader-Duval, Robby the Robot, William Schallert, Steven Spielberg, Kenneth Tobeyshow all
“Gremlins” Quotes 18 quotes
“Goddamn foreign TV. I told you we should've got a Zenith.”
“Rand Peltzer, fantastic ideas for a fantastic world, I make the illogical logical.”
“To understand, one has only to listen.”
“- Mr. Corben: What is that dog doing in here?
- Gerald Hopkins: Peltzer, this is a bank, not a pet-store.”
“- Kate Beringer: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.
- Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?
- Kate Beringer: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Goddamn foreign cars.”
“- Chinese Boy: Look, mister, there are some rules that you've got to follow.
- Billy Peltzer: Yeah, what kind of rules?
- Chinese Boy: First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight will kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If your air conditioner goes on the fritz or your washing machine blows up or your video recorder conks out; before you call the repairman turn on all the lights, check all the closets and cupboards, look under all the beds, because you never can tell there just might be a gremlin in your house.”
“- Billy Peltzer: It's the creatures!
- Sheriff Frank: Ah, the creatures.
- Billy Peltzer: The creatures are making it look like an accident!”
“- Kate Beringer: What're they doing?
- Billy Peltzer: They're watching Snow White. And they love it.”
“Perhaps some day, you will be ready. Until then, Mogwai waits.”
“- Grandfather: I'm sorry. Mogwai not for sale.
- Randall Peltzer: Why not? You said everything in your grandfather's store was for sale.
- Grandfather: With Mogwai, comes much responsibility. I cannot sell him at any price.”