“L.A. Story” quotes(1991)
Plot – The movie tells the love misadventures of Harris K. Telemacher with three very different women: his official but snob girlfriend who betrays him with his best friend, a very exuberant clerk of a clothing store and finally a British journalist arrived in Los Angeles for a piece about the American city. Telemacher in the end will choose the last one with the help of a magical electronic road sign that tells him what to do.
All actors – Steve Martin, Victoria Tennant, Richard E. Grant, Marilu Henner, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Forristal, Kevin Pollak, Sam McMurray, Patrick Stewart, Andrew Amador, Gail Grate, Eddie De Harp, M.C. Shan, Frances Fisher, Iman, Tommy Hinkley, Larry Miller, Anne Crawford, Samantha McCoy, Thornton Simmons, Dennis Dragon, Richard Stahl, Aaron Lustig, Julianna McCarthy, Time Winters, Pierre Epstein, Wesley Thompson, George Plimpton, David Glyn Price, Wesley Mann, Mark Steen, Jaime Gomez, Amy Wallace, Cheryl Baker, May Boss, Scott Johnston, Robert Lind, Tony Marsico, Burt Macke, Mary Pedersen, Matt Stetson, , John Lithgow, Brian Banowetz, Sean Michael Beyer, Michael E. Burgess, Chevy Chase, Tina Cote, Larry Echerer, Woody Harrelson, Terry Jones, Rick Moranis, Robert Picardoshow all
“L.A. Story” Quotes 18 quotes
“Let your mind go and your body will follow.”
“I could never be a woman, 'cause I'd just stay home and play with my breasts all day.”
“- Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.
- Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.
- Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
- Harris K. Telemacher: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.”
“- Sara McDowel: Why didn't you tell me you had just broke up with someone?
- Harris K. Telemacher: How do you know I just broke up with someone?
- Sara McDowel: Because when men just break up with someone, they always run around with someone much too young for them.
- Harris K. Telemacher: She's not so young. She'll be 27 in four years.”
“- Trudi: Isn't that girl Sara awful? I mean, what's with that accent?
- Harris K. Telemacher: She has an accent because she's English.
- Trudi: Or maybe she's just trying to impress everybody.
- Harris K. Telemacher: Oh, like that big phony, Winston Churchill.”
“- Harris K. Telemacher: SanDeE*, your... your breasts feel weird.
- SanDeE*: Oh, that's 'cause they're real.”
“Let us just say I was deeply unhappy, but I didn't know it because I was so happy all the time.”
“There's someone out there for everyone. Even if you need a pickaxe, a compass, and night goggles to find them.”
“- Harris K. Telemacher: So, I'll see you Sunday?
- Trudi: I got a shower Sunday.
- Harris K. Telemacher: Oh yeah, and I really should take a bath... Monday?”
“- Sara McDowel: What did you have in mind?
- Harris K. Telemacher: Well, I was thinking of taking you on a cultural tour of L.A.
- Sara McDowel: That's the first fifteen minutes, then what?”
“- Trudi: He said it's the first day of spring.
- Harris K. Telemacher: Oh shit! Open season on the L.A. freeway!”
“Some of these buildings are over 20 years old.”
“A kiss may not be the truth, but it is what we wish were true.”
“- Harris K. Telemacher: Ordinarily, I don't like to be around interesting people because it means I have to be interesting too.
- Sara McDowel: Are you saying I'm interesting?
- Harris K. Telemacher: All I'm saying is that, when I'm around you, I find myself showing off, which is the idiot's version of being interesting.”
“I keep thinking I'm a grown up, but I'm not.”
“Why is it that we don't always recognize the moment when love begins but we always know when it ends?”