“My Blue Heaven” quotes(1990)
Plot – Vinnie Antonelli, an Italian-American mobster, is abandoned by his wife Linda due to his decision to testify in an important trial. The FBI transfers him to Fryburg and Agent Barney Coopersmith has to keep an eye on his safety. At the same time, even Barney is left by his wife, so he devotes himself completely to his protégé and the two become friends. While Antonelli keeps committing minor crimes, Barney saves him from every trouble and falls in love with Hanna, who is separated as well.
All actors – Steve Martin, Rick Moranis, Joan Cusack, Melanie Mayron, Bill Irwin, Carol Kane, William Hickey, Deborah Rush, Daniel Stern, Jesse Bradford, Corey Carrier, Seth Jaffeshow all
“My Blue Heaven” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You have something against books?
- Hannah Stubbs: I have nothing about books! I am curious about the books in your trunk.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You see, I was thinking of writing my story, so I bought this one on how to do it.
- Hannah Stubbs: Why do you need 25 copies of it?
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The shoes, right? The shoes are tragic!”
“- Barney Coopersmith: Would you care to bet on that?
- Hannah Stubbs: I never bet when I'm sure and right.
- Barney Coopersmith: Presumably you haven't done a lot of betting considering you've only been wrong once in your life.
- Hannah Stubbs: Twice.”
“- Dr. Margaret Snow Coopersmith: He has a system for eating pancakes.
- Barney Coopersmith: So the bottom pancake gets the same amount of syrup as the first.
- Dr. Margaret Snow Coopersmith: He has a system for everything!”
“What a day for a mow eh?”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Are you trying to say capeesh?
- Barney Coopersmith: Yeah.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Well don't do it, cause it hurts my ears when you do it.”
“Richie loved to use 22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a 45, see, a 45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a 22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.”
“I am the worst case scenario of Thomas Jefferson's dream.”
“It's not tipping I believe in. It's overtipping.”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: I thought you were dead.
- Billy Sparrow: That was the general idea.”
“- Dr. Margaret Snow Coopersmith: I'm sorry Barney but it's just not fun here. You're no fun!
- Barney Coopersmith: No fun?
- Dr. Margaret Snow Coopersmith: You get the oil changed every second Tuesday, you get the car washed every fourth Thursday, you get your hair cut on the eleventh of every month. You never, ever get a different haircut!”
“- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: When did your wife leave?
- Barney Coopersmith: October.
- Vincent 'Vinnie' Antoneli: That's when my wife left! What is it about the month of October?
- Barney Coopersmith: I dunno. The pressure of Halloween? You never know what to go as!”
“How's the turtle Mrs. Stubbs? Did your kids ever figure out you switched turtles on them? Because I know it would be a major disappointment for them to find out.”