Richard R. Grant quotes
“I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!”
“- Withnail: I've some extremely distressing news.
- ... & I: I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear anything. Oh God, it's a nightmare, I tell you, it's a nightmare.
- Withnail: We've just run out of wine. What are we gonna do about it?
- ... & I: I don't know, I don't know. Oh God, I don't feel good. My thumbs have gone weird! I'm in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Jesus, look at that. Apart from a raw potato, that's the only solid to have passed my lips in the last 60 hours. I must be ill.”
“I would still like to go to the moon before I die.”
“- Lee Israel: Can you keep a secret?
- Jack Hock: Who would I tell? All my friends are dead.”
“- Clifford: You've got a live gig here tomorrow. It's my job to see that you turn up. My bum is on the line, here!
- Posh Spice: Can you please leave butts and bums out of this, for one minute?
- Sporty Spice: Clifford, some things are more important than gigs, you know.
- Clifford: Like what?
- Ginger Spice: Like self respect and our freedom,...” (continue)(continue reading)
I have noticed something that escaped me on my first film out here: how the exact same conversational weight is given to talk about one's nutritionist, masseur, publicist, manager, agent, favorite eaterie and Gorby's [Gorbachev's] current invasion of Lithuania — "D'you think there's a movie in there?" History is mere fodder for the next picture ... (continue)(continue reading)
“Tea at the Four Seasons Hotel poolside with Kevin Kline and a very pregnant Phoebe Cates, delineating which actors we have worked with are definitely certifiable or psychotic and reach a common consensus on a couple. I have only been here forty-eight hours and can already hear names being dropped and diarized as I plunge Alice-like, down, down,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In Hollywood, unknown actors wear sunglasses in the hope of being mistaken for knowns.”
“If Da Vinci was alive today, he'd be eating microwave sushi, naked, in the back of a Cadillac with the both of us.”
“- Monty: You're going to finish the vegetables.
- Withnail: I don't know how to do them.
- Monty: Well, of course you don't, you are incapable of indulging in anything but pleasure, am I not right? You don't deserve such loyalty. Now, come along, I'm going to teach you how to peel a potato.”
“You fall in love with people's minds.”
“Never give up. You only get one life. Go for it!”
“- Darwin Mayflower: The last ingredient in the recipe is Da Vinci's model of a helicopter...
- Minerva Mayflower: ...on display for three days only at the Louvre in Paris.
- Hudson Hawk: As opposed to the Louvre in Wisconsin?
- Darwin Mayflower: Shut up, you're going to make me lose my place!”
“- Meneer Chrome: I want no more part of it.
- James Fitzmaurice: For one who so enjoys outdoor activity, you are surprisingly unconcerned for your freedom.”
“I just want to be happy. And happiness comes from the achievement of goals. It's just that when you've made your first billion by the age of nineteen, it's hard to keep coming up with new ones. But now, finally, I've got myself a new goal... World domination!”
“We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!”