Sarah Jessica Parker quotes
“When men attempt bold gestures, generally it's considered romantic. When women do it, it's often considered desperate or psycho.”
“Big-I remember when you kept your sweaters in the stove.
Carrie-I remember when your hair was black. ”
“And there, in the same city where they met as girls, four New York women entered the next phase of their lives dressed head to toe in love. And that's the one label that never goes out of style.”
“- Mr. Big: You make me very happy.
- Carrie Bradshaw: Yeah, yeah... put it in writing.”
“- Miranda Hobbes: Why did we ever stop drinking these?
- Carrie Bradshaw: Because everyone else started!”
“- Kit: I smell something. D'you smell something?
- Paula: Oh! Oh, Tripp and I had crab today.
- Kit: No, that's not it. I smell... fun.
- Paula: What?
- Kit: You are a dirty little fun-haver.”
“I was full-time at Crystal Meth University.”
“- Carrie Bradshaw: So really, we're, we're getting married?
- Mr. Big: We're getting married. Should we get you a diamond?
- Carrie Bradshaw: No. No. Just get me a really big closet.”
“Believe me, I did not want that because I had a good life before you. Well, not good but it was okay. Well, it was empty, actually, but at least I was blissfully unaware of how miserable I was. Whereas now because of you I am acutely aware of how completely and totally unhappy I am. Thank you for that.”
“- Carrie Bradshaw: Aside from the space issue... why'd you move to New York?
- Louise: To fall in love.”
“Nothing like the threat of decapitation to make it a little more interesting.”
“Some love stories aren't epic novels, some are short stories, but that doesn't make them any less filled with love.”
“Tell me the truth. Does anybody actually finish a book once they have formed an opinion of it?”
“- Al: But how do you make sure that he'll fall in love with you?
- Paula: You look nice, you find out what they like, and then you pretend to like it, too.”
“- Paula: It's just coffee. You don't have to marry him.
- Kit: First of all, that's the geeky computer guy. It's bad enough I have to go out with a loser who still lives with his mom, but you led me to believe that it was the handsome minimum-wage slacker.
- Paula: No, I don't think that I did that.”
“- Carrie Bradshaw: What makes you think something bad is gonna happen?
- Charlotte York: Because! Nobody gets everything they want! Look at you, look at Miranda. You're good people and you two both got shafted. I'm so happy and... something bad is going to happen.
- Carrie Bradshaw: Sweetie, you shit your pants this year. I think you're done.”
“- Winifred Sanderson: Sisters, All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!
- Sarah: Amok! [dances around]
- Sarah: Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok... [Winifred punches Sarah in the stomach]
- Sarah: Ugh!”
“In a relationship, when does the art of compromise become compromising?”