“- Marisa Ventura: I can't try on her clothes!
- Stephanie Kehoe: They're not hers. They're not Dolce's. Technically, they've been abandoned. Oh, let's not let them hear us.
- Marisa Ventura: Who, the clothes?
- Stephanie Kehoe: Marisa Ave Maria Ventura... When are you and I ever get to try on a five thousand dollar anything? Come on, feel how...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Maid in Manhattan” quotes(2002)
Plot – Marisa Ventura, a single mother raised in New York suburbs, works as a maid in a luxurious hotel in Manhattan. By a twist of fate and a mistaken identity, Marisa meets Christopher Marshall, the handsome heir of a political dynasty who believes Marisa is a hotel guest. They spend a night together. When Christopher finds out Marisa's identity, the two discover to belong to two completely different worlds, even if their lives are divided only by one subway line.
All actors – Jennifer Lopez, Ralph Fiennes, Natasha Richardson, Stanley Tucci, Tyler Posey, Frances Conroy, Chris Eigeman, Amy Sedaris, Marissa Matrone, Priscilla Lopez, Bob Hoskins, Lisa Roberts Gillan, Maddie Corman, Sharon Wilkins, Jayne Houdyshell, Marilyn Torres, Lou Ferguson, Di Quon, Liliane Thomas, Raquel Shapiro, Ton Voogt, Ray Aranha, Emma Thaler, Becky Veduccio, Gayle Scott, Michelle Thomas, Jeff Hephner, Beth Dodye Bass, Catherine Anne Hayes, Millie Tirelli, Shaun Powell, Thomas Michael Sullivan, Michelle Vicidomini-Serdaros, Larry Fleischman, Nicholas Wyman, Richie Karron, Dave Rosenberg, Eric Michael Gillett, Joel Marsh Garland, Mark Fairchild, Jason Edwards, Bill Edwards, Amy Redford, Gilbert S. Williams, Bethann Schebece, Patricia Lavery, Margaret Harth, Tom O'Rourke, Tobias Maendel, Ken Goodstein, Javier Picayo, Glenn Lewis, Mirjana Jokovic, Saundra McClain, Kae Shimizu, Daniella Van Graas, Donna Karger, Annika Pergament, Emily Frances, Paul Messina, Richard Hirschfeld, Larry Pine, Hillary B. Smith, Crystal Allen, Seth William Meier, Stephanie Langhoff, Daniel A. Thomas, Joseph Siravo, Gloria Colonnello, Minna Rose, Maja Niles, Brigitte Barnett, Amber Gristak, Patrick Anderson, Mikael Morris, Anthony Caforio, Cole Razzano, Lizza Oliver, Carla Duren, Rachael L. Hollingsworth, Jeffrey Dinowitz, Sylvia Gottlieb, Rufus Thomas the Dog, , Michelle E. Thomas, Paul Acocella, Christopher Adeler, Ty Copeman, Martha Cousins, Vincent De Paul, Mary Fortune, Frederik Garlên, Shannon M. Hart, David Jefferson, Conrad Korsch, Kelly McCool, Helena McInerney, John Miller, James Mount, Michael J. Narvaez, Rumaisa Rahman, Roberto Rizzo, Michael Scovotti, Caroline Whitney Smith, Jimmy Star, Douglas Taurel, Philippe Vonlanthen, Barry Wetchershow all
“Maid in Manhattan” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Caroline Lane: You are so good. Thank God! You should be a personal assistant.
- Rachel Hoffberg: She's a maid.
- Caroline Lane: So are they, with better titles.”
“- Jerry Siegel: Who the hell is she?
- Christopher Marshall: I'll tell you who she isn't. She isn't like anyone I've ever met before. And she isn't a phony. I'll make you a deal, wonder man. You want me at the benefit tomorrow night? Then get her to go, and I swear to God, I'll shake any part of Maddox's body you want me to. Deal?
- Jerry Siegel...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Marisa Ventura: I don't know what I'm doing here, Steph. What am I doing? This is all a lie.
- Stephanie Kehoe: No, honey. It's more like a dream, you know? And for one night, you're living it for all of us. Don't think about tomorrow. Don't think about anything but tonight. Tonight, the maid is a lie. And this, this is who you really are.”
“- Caroline Lane: The woman you thought was a guest on this floor is the maid on this floor. Aren't you Marisa?
- Christopher Marshall: No. Wait, her name is Caroline.
- Caroline Lane: No, Chris, darling, that's my name. She steals clothes, identities...
- Christopher Marshall: What the hell's happening here?”
“- Marisa Ventura: Marisa Ventura. Housekeeping.
- Christopher Marshall: Chris Marshall. Candidate for Senate. I'd appreciate your vote.
- Marisa Ventura: We'll see.”
“- Marisa Ventura: The first time you saw me, I was cleaning your bathroom floor! Only you didn't see me.
- Christopher Marshall: What was I supposed to do, introduce myself while I'm taking a leak?”
“- Stephanie Kehoe: Weren't you saying how you wanted to stretch your legs?
- Christopher Marshall: Well, if your husband wouldn't mind...
- Ty Ventura: She doesn't have a husband.
- Marisa Ventura: I don't have a husband.
- Christopher Marshall: Well, I insist, then. Come with us, if you're free.”
“- Christopher Marshall: I don't think you're leaving. I think you're running. And what I can't figure out is, are you running towards something you want? Or are you running away from something you're afraid to want?
- Marisa Ventura: Look, I've made so many mistakes already. I just don't want to make it worse.”
“To serve people takes dignity and intelligence. But remember, they are only people with money. And although we serve them, we are not their servants. What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.”
- Stephanie Kehoe: "It's complicated"? What kind of answer is that?
- Marisa Ventura: Honest.
- Stephanie Kehoe: The only thing complicated between me and him would be unhooking my bra strap.
- Marisa Ventura: Look, what am I supposed to do? Make his bed with me in it? Get real! He thinks I'm a guest, here.
“- Marisa Ventura: There was a part of me that wanted to know what it felt like, to have someone like you look at me the way you did just once. And I'm sorry. Truly. If I could rewind the past week, I would.
- Christopher Marshall: Was any of it real?
- Marisa Ventura: Yeah, it was real. It was so real I wondered how I was ever gunna give you up....” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Christopher Marshall: You're beautiful.
- Marisa Ventura: So are you.
- Christopher Marshall: Thank you for being here.
- Marisa Ventura: I only came to tell you that this, you and me, can't go anywhere beyond this evening. It just can't.
- Christopher Marshall: Well, then, you should've worn a different dress.”
“- Marisa Ventura: There's millions of women who are just dying for you to look their way.
- Christopher Marshall: Then why are you making me work so hard?”