“Thank God It's Friday” quotes(1978)
Plot – DJ Bobby Speed makes his debut on a Friday night at The Zoo, a trendy nightclub in Hollywood whose owner is Tony Di Marco. 'The Commodores' are going to perform there as well as the main event is the dance contest which will be broadcasted live. Jeannie, Franne, Sue and Dave participate. Maddy and Jennifer want to meet some boys, as well as Cari and Ken want to meet some girls. Jackie dates Shirley, a girl he has met online. 'The Commodores' are late but finally they sing and have great success. Tony tries to court Sue, while Franne participates to the contest with Gomez and wins.
All actors – Valerie Landsburg, Terri Nunn, Chick Vennera, Donna Summer, Ray Vitte, Mark Lonow, Andrea Howard, Jeff Goldblum, Robin Menken, Debra Winger, John Friedrich, Paul Jabarashow all
“Thank God It's Friday” Quotes 23 quotes
“- Dave: I was never in a dance contest before. What do you got to do?
- Jackie: Simple. You just get out on the floor and shake your ass - like it was on fire!”
“Dancing. Everything else is bullshit!”
“- Jennifer: I really want to thank you for taking me with you tonight. I mean, really.
- Maddy: Forget it. I mean, I know when you come to a new place you just can't find people you can relate to.
- Jennifer: Relate to? I would just like to meet one nice guy.
- Maddy: I go to the discotheques to kind of forget, you know? They're a great place to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Maddy: I wanna split.
- Jennifer: Good.
- Maddy: You see, I meet these really hot guys and we're going to a really hot party, a boogie party, you know.”
“You ain't gonna be happy until you're free. And the only way you're going to be free is to get loose. And the only way you're going to get loose is to dance!”
“Let's go home. I'm drunk. You can take advantage of me.”
“- Carl: Come on, man. We are out for action tonight!
- Ken: You don't understand. I don't want the action. I'm not looking for action. What I want is a nice girl.
- Carl: Me too! One nice girl. Nice tits, nice ass, nice.”
“Until next time, this is your Zookeeper, Bobby Speed, reminding you: keep them feet movin' - or somebody'll steal your shoes.”
“- Sue: I also noticed that hippy freak you've adopted! I want to know is one evening with her worth five years of marriage?
- Dave: What are you talking about? Five years of what? What do you mean who?
- Sue: Dave, I want to sit down.
- Dave: Who's Dave? I'm Babbakazoo!”
“- Carl: Here. Put this on.
- Ken: What is this?
- Carl: Lip gloss. Makes you look hot.”
“- Nicole Sims: Just listen to my demo. Don't you remember when you first started? Well everybody got to start somewhere. Why not here?
- Bobby Speed: You honest, lady, don't you understand? This is going on live. There are millions of people listening to my golden tones. I ain't gonna blow it! This ain't amateur night!
- Nicole Sims: Listen, Mr....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sue: Dave, it's good for us to experience new things. We have to reach out together, be more open to things.
- Dave: God, you've been reading Cosmopolitan again.”
“- Gus: Shirley? Are you Shirley? I'm supposed to meet her here for a blind date. One of those computer deals.
- Blonde in Blue Blouse: You've got to be kidding me.
- Gus: No! You're dressed in blue. That's what she's supposed to be wearing.
- Blonde in Blue Blouse: This is not blue! It's turquoise.
- Gus: I don't give a shit. You wanna dance?”
“- Ken: I can't do that shit.
- Marv Gomez: Let me tell you somthin', little shits are doin' it, old ladies are doin' it, everybodies doin' it. Now, come on, dance!”
“- Maddy: Alright, see that guy? He is a creep. How do I know?
- Jennifer: How do you know?
- Maddy: Heavy polyester. I mean, polyester on a dance floor? That is a creep, Jennifer.”
“- Dave: You always stand like that?
- Jackie: Only when I feel my energy being drained. Standing on one leg doesn't allow the energy complete flow. You can lose it in the floor. Would you like to dance?”
“The entire world has got to be going tonight, Jennifer. I mean, do you know what this means? The odds for meeting guys moves way up!”
“Now, we're on a hot roll! Whatever you've been holdin' back, let it go! Whatever you've been savin' up, spend it! 'Cause we're hummin' and the big dance contest is comin'!”
“- Dave: How can you be warm? You're not wearing anything? Did the designer also intend for every other guy in here to look at your tits?
- Sue: Dave, they're my tits, not yours!
- Dave: You're my wife! That makes them our tits. Hello. And our tits should be home where they belong, not out on the town. And I do mean out.”