“The Hobbit” quotes(1977)
All actors – Orson Bean, Richard Boone, Hans Conried, John Huston, Otto Preminger, Cyril Ritchard, Brother Theodore, Paul Frees, Jack DeLeon, Don Messick, John Stephenson, Glenn Yarbroughshow all
“The Hobbit” Quotes 22 quotes
“- Bilbo Baggins: This is deucedly uncomfortable. I'm certain to get a rash!
- Thorin Oakenshield: That armor was forged in the foundaries of my grandfather. Wear it proudly, and it will carry you to victory!”
“- Gandalf the Grey: I have brought him.
- Thorin Oakenshield: Farewell, good thief. I wish to part in friendship, and would take back my words at the gate.
- Bilbo Baggins: There were many words I would take back, also.”
“- Gandalf the Grey: Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies because you helped bring them about? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gandalf the Grey: Bilbo Baggins?
- Bilbo Baggins: Uh, yes.
- Gandalf the Grey: I am looking to hire a burglar.
- Bilbo Baggins: Burglar. I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.
- Gandalf the Grey: You mean you do not wish to share a grand adventure?
- Bilbo Baggins: Dear me, no. We, Hobbits, are plain quiet folk. Adventures make one late...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Your kind will never understand war, hobbit.”
“- Bilbo Baggins: Perhaps you know the way out?
- Gollum: Yes, gollum. But perhaps we sits here and chats with it a bitsy, my precious. It likes riddles?”
“No hat, no stick, no pipe, not even a pocket handkerchief. How can one survive?”
“I never promised to burgle you first class accommodations.”
“- Thorin Oakenshield: Hush. You are no coward, my friend. I am sorry I so named you.
- Bilbo Baggins: This is not important...
- Thorin Oakenshield: I was wrong. You did understand war. It was I who did not... until now.
- Bilbo Baggins: Farewell, King Under the Mountain.
- Thorin Oakenshield: Child of the kindly West, I have come to know, if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'd rather be back in Hobbitton.”
“- Thorin Oakenshield: Oh great Elf King, my truest friend and ally, we must join our forces against this common scourge!
- The Elvenking: But of course, oh noble King Under the Mountain. Your people are like brothers unto mine.
- Bard: And my men and all their weapons are as one with yours! Together we will vanquish the fell foe...
- Everyone:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm Mr. Bilbo Baggins, I've lost my dwarves, my wizard and my way.”
“I am Smaug! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, strong! My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth are like swords! My claws, spears! The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath... death!”
“Bother burglary and everything to do with it!”
“Black arrow! You've never failed me, and I've always recovered you. I had you from my father, and he from of old. If ever you came from the forges of the true King under the Mountain, go now and speed well!”
“- Bilbo Baggins: A box without hinges, key, or a lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.
- Gollum: Eggs! Eggs is the answer.”
“I do love maps! I have quite a collection of them.”
“- Smaug: Well, thief? I smell you, I feel your air - and I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself; there's plenty, and to spare.
- Bilbo Baggins: Oh... thank you, Smaug the Magnificent! I did not come for wealth. I wish only to have a look at you, and see if you are truly as great as tales say; I did not believe them!”