Juliette Binoche quotes
“- Dr. Ouelet: You're not invulnerable. I can repair your body, but I can't protect your mind.
- Major: Why not? You can see all my thoughts, so... you should be able to secure them.”
“- Dr. Ouelet: Please, don't do that. You're reducing a complex human to a machine.
- Cutter: I don't think of her as a machine. She's a weapon.”
“- Almásy: Could I have a cigarette?
- Hana: Are you crazy?
- Almásy: Why... why are you so determined to keep me alive?
- Hana: Because I'm a nurse.”
“- Dr. Ouelet: Try and understand your importance, Mira. You're what everyone will become one day.
- Major: You don't know how alone that makes me feel.”
“We cling to memories as if they define us, but... they really don't. What we do is what defines us.”
Mira, your body was damaged. We couldn't save it. Only your brain survived. We made you a new body. A synthetic shell. But your mind, your soul, your "ghost", it's still in there.
“I can't bear this lightness, this freedom... I'm not strong enough.”
“- Vianne Rocher: These are for your husband. Unrefined cacao nips from Guatemala, to awaken the passions.
- Yvette Marceau: Psshh. You've obviously never met my husband.
- Vianne Rocher: Well, you've obviously never tried these.”
“I must be a curse. Anybody who loves me, anybody who gets close to me... or I must be cursed. Which is it?”
“Betrayals in war are childlike compared with our betrayals during peace.”
“- Marie: That's sweet.
- Dan Burns: How is that sweet?
- Marie: To be that certain, to feel that much love.”
“- Tereza: Tomas, what are you thinking?
- Tomas: I'm thinking how happy I am.”
“I don't understand how someone can make love without being in love.”
“- Marie: I'm looking for a book... something that can help me deal with what might be an awkwardsituation. Something funny might be nice and, uh, if it could surprise you, and at the same time make you think that what you thought wasn't only right. I'm looking to be swept up! And at the same time, not.
- Dan Burns: Well, you rarely find all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hana: If one night I didn't come to see you, what would you do?
- Kip: I try not to expect you.
- Hana: Yes, but if it got late and... I hadn't shown up?
- Kip: Then I'd think there must be a reason.”
“There is love and there is sex and sex is entertainment, like football.”
“Life is very heavy to me, but it is so light to you.”
“I know I'm supposed to help you, but I can't. Instead of being your support, I'm your weight.”