“Flash Gordon” quotes(1980)
Plot – Doctor Zarro, a NASA scientist, notices the Moon is 12 degrees out of its course. He's now sure of what he had announced before: a powerful Cosmos emperor has hijacked the Moon to destroy the Earth. Cleverly, Zarro carries with him the baseball star Flash Gordon and his girlfriend Dale Arden. The culprit is Ming the Merciless, Mongo's emperor, who pretends to welcome the three terrestrials as his guests. Ming however wants to seize Zarro's brain and marry Dale, but his daughter Aura falls in love with Gordon and, thanks to her, the three escape. The girl is punished for treason, meanwhile a coalition against Ming manages to defeat him.
All actors – Sam J. Jones, Melody Anderson, Max von Sydow, Topol, Ornella Muti, Timothy Dalton, Brian Blessed, Peter Wyngarde, Mariangela Melato, John Osborne, Richard O'Brien, John Hallamshow all
“Flash Gordon” Quotes 25 quotes
“- Prince Vultan: Flash... when the ship hits the forcefield you'll be killed; this is suicide!
- Flash Gordon: No Vultan... it's a rational transaction! One life for billions...”
“Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!”
“Every thousand years, I test each life system in the Universe. I visit it with mysteries, earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses, strange craters in the wilderness... if these are taken as natural, I judge that system ignorant and harmless - I spare it. But if the Hand of Ming is recognized in these events, I judge that system dangerous to us. I call...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Klytus: Should we stop the torture?
- The Emperor Ming: No.
- Princess Aura: Father! Damn you, Father!”
“- Ming's Floating Servant: Long live Flash! You've saved your Earth. Have a nice day.
- Flash Gordon: Yeah!”
“- Dr. Hans Zarkov: We are only interested in friendship. Why do you attack us?
- The Emperor Ming: Why not? Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.”
“I'm a New York City girl. It's a little too quiet around here for me.”
“- Kala: We're going to empty your memory as we might empty your pockets... Doctor.
- Dr. Hans Zarkov: Don't empty my mind! Please, I beg you! My mind is all I have! I've spent my whole life trying to fill it!”
“- Dr. Hans Zarkov: What do you find? The moon out of orbit?
- Munson: By more than 12 degrees. This must be some sort of mistake.
- Dr. Hans Zarkov: No, it's no mistake... It's an attack! I've been right all these years!”
“- The Emperor Ming: Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today?
- Klytus: An obscure body in the S-K System, Your Majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the planet... Earth.”
“No one dies in the palace without a command from the Emperor.”
“- Flash Gordon: This Ming is a psycho!
- Ming's Floating Servant: This Ming is a psycho.
- Klytus: Who said that?
- Ming's Floating Servant: The fair-haired prisoner.
- Klytus: Who are you?
- Flash Gordon: Flash Gordon. Quarterback. New York Jets.”
“- Princess Aura: Look! Water is leaking from her eyes.
- The Emperor Ming: It's what they call tears, it's a sign of their weakness.”
“- Prince of Ardentia: Your Majesty, we, the people of Ardentia, we have suffered since you blasted our kingdom. I can offer you nothing this year, except my loyalty.
- Klytus: Prince Thun, we prize nothing more highly. And tell us, how great is this loyalty to your emperor?
- Prince of Ardentia: Without measure.”
“- Zogi, the High Priest: Do you, Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, take this Earthling Dale Arden, to be your Empress of the Hour?
- The Emperor Ming: Of the hour, yes.
- Zogi, the High Priest: Do you promise to use her as you will?
- The Emperor Ming: Certainly!
- Zogi, the High Priest: Not to blast her into space?
- Zogi, the High...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Emperor Ming: Klytus! What is he doing?
- Klytus: I don't know, sir! It looks like some kind of barbaric sport!”