- Movie quotes
- Battle Beyond the Stars
“Battle Beyond the Stars” quotes
Title Battle Beyond the Stars
Jimmy T. Murakami, Roger Corman
Plot – Akir is threatened by fierce Sador who wants to dominate all the planets. Shad leaves on his spaceship to find some allies to fight Sador.
All actors – Richard Thomas, Robert Vaughn, John Saxon, George Peppard, Darlanne Fluegel, Sybil Danning, Sam Jaffe, Morgan Woodward, Earl Boen, John Gowans, Steve Davis, Lawrence Steven Meyers
“- Yago: Malmori: This is Akir, a planet of stone with a single green spot.
- Sador: Let's see it. What about their forms?
- Yago: Malmori: Comparable with ours. They have a solar technology. No known defense capacity.
- Sador: Interesting. Let's check that.”
“What a place to end up - a minor planet in a third-rate galaxy.”
“The First Law of the Varda is to use greater force against itself.”
“- Sador: Are you capable of speech?
- Nestor 2: Yes, quite capable.
- Sador: Good. And do you have a high tolerance for pain?
- Nestor 2: Almost none at all, I'm afraid.
- Sador: How unfortunate for you.”
“- Tembo: Malmori: Why are we slowing down?
- Kalo: Malmori: We were ordered to watch the planet.
- Tembo: Malmori: To hell with orders! I want that ship!
- Kalo: Malmori: Remember Lobo? He disobeyed orders, and now Sador's wearing his left foot!”
“Hear me, beings of Akir: I am Sador of the Malmori. I have come with my forces to conquer you. If you resist, I will crush you.”
“- Nestor 1: You are not of a violent form. We sensed that you did not intend to shoot.
- Shad: You read my mind?
- Nestor 1: Among other things.”
“- Shad: I've never taken a life before, Nell.
- Nell: The Varda says we can take life to save life.”
“- Dr. Hephaestus: Forms must prey on other forms to survive.
- Shad: That's not what the Varda teach us. We prey on no one.”
“The Varda teach us that each form has its function.”
“30 seconds and counting, Zed. 29, 28, 27, 24, 15, 22... did I... did I say 15?”
“I possess a stellar converter, the most powerful weapon in the universe. You cannot resist me. I want your planet to be my colony.”
“The Valkyrie are great warriors. In our youth, we must leave home and fight in many battles until we have proven ourselves.”
“- Akira Governor: We live by the Varda; the Varda is not to fight. The Akira haven't fought for centuries!
- Zed: I have fought... and I am a scion of Akir!
- Akira Governor: And you are on old man.
- Zed: I have lasted this long by fighting!”
- Akira Boy: Mister, are you a bad man?
- Gelt: That's right.
- Akira Girl: Why?
- Gelt: I don't think the way you Akira do. If you think different, you get called "bad".
“- Sador: How many ships do the Akira have, and what are their capabilities?
- Nestor 2: If I told you that, it would give you an unfair advantage.
- Sador: This is my surgeon, Dako. Dako is expert at inflicting pain... while keeping the patient alive.
- Nestor 2: It is good to have skills.”
“While life exists, the possibilities are unlimited.”
“Nanelia, the Akira believe that no form ends until all the lives that it has touched are ended, until all the good that it has done is gone.”
“The Varda teach us to trust first and judge later. I'm sorry for the reception you've got. Welcome to our city, Defenders of Akir!”
“- St. Exmin: I am from a warrior race. We exist for battle. Our creed is to live fast, fight well, and have a beautiful ending.
- Shad: No violentending is beautiful.
- St. Exmin: You've never seen a Valkyrie go down.”
“- Shad: I think they must be afraid.
- Cayman: Afraid? Of what?
- Shad: Of you. They're not accustomed to violence or violent forms.”
“- Dr. Hephaestus: Your planet is doomed and I have other plans for you.
- Shad: Other plans?
- Dr. Hephaestus: This station was built for many. It remains a hollow and lonely place. You've met my daughter.
- Shad: Yes. Wait a minute. You don't mean... that you want me to... breed with your daughter?”
“- Sador: This is Sador of the Malmori. I command you to surrender.
- Nell: I'll surrender, you sorry son of a mutant.”
“- Cowboy: Welcome, Nestor. I'm from Earth. Ever hear of it?
- Nestor 1: No, but we are pleased to meet you.”