“Hot Shots!” quotes(1991)
Plot – Harley Topper is an US Air Force pilot who lives in a tepee with a wise man fond of rock music. Back to base, he meets a beautiful rider who can make terrific evolutions in the air and who will reveal then as his psychiatrist, Ramanda Thompson. They will fall in love soon. Other characters are Tub Berson, the base commander who's totally foolish; his deputy, who's making plans with rivals; Ken, Topper's rival pilot and Dead Meat, who's really very unlucky. They all have a mission which, despite the sabotage of some corrupted industrials, will be successful.
All actors – Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes, Valeria Golino, Lloyd Bridges, Kevin Dunn, Jon Cryer, William O'Leary, Kristy Swanson, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Bill Irwin, Heidi Swedberg, Bruce A. Young, Ryan Stiles, Rino Thunder, Mark Arnott, Ryan Cutrona, Don Lake, Kelly Connell, Tony Simotes, Don Luce, Judith Kahan, Jeff Bright, Jimmy Lennon Jr., Marie Thomas, Ryan Fitzgerald, Al Clegg, Pat Proft, Marc Shaiman, Cylk Cozart, Christopher J. Keene, Ed Herschlar, Jimmie Ray Weeks, Annie O'Donnell, Mack Yamaguchi, Charles Barkley, Bill Laimbeer, Eugene Greytak, Pablo Prietto, Tony Lorea, Jerry Haleva, Bob Lenz, Willie Collins, Robert Puro, Kevin Eads, Richard Lasting, Elston Ridgle, Max Jones, Christopher Doyle, John Bankson, Nancy Abrahams, Joseph Abrahams, Jamie Abrahams, Cary Brayboy, Richard Emanuelle, Brent Freeman, Craig McIntosh, Tony Moreno, Dave Oliver, Kip Pierce, Kenton 'Chip' Steger, Sean Wright, Joe Allegro, Jack I. Bernstein, Sean Kanan, Steve Mora, Steven Chester Prince, Rebecca Ryizshow all
“Hot Shots!” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Lt. Topper Harley: So... I guess you've been with a man before...
- Ramada Thompson: I'm a virgin. I'm just not very good at it.”
“- Lt. Topper Harley: There's something I want you to have. I've been putting a little away for the past ten years. It's not much. 2500. I wish I could do more.
- Mary Thompson: Why, Topper. That's so sweet. Why, with the three million that I won on this Lucky Lotto ticket, I can take this 2500 and just blow it all on hats.”
“- Ramada Thompson: You were discharged from the service 18 months ago for willful insubordination. You disobeyed a direct order and lost a $13 million fighter in the process.
- Lt. Topper Harley: Yes, I did. But I'm paying it off at ten bucks a week. And I wouldn't be doing that if I'd gotten that extra collision coverage.”
“- Lt. Topper Harley: I could never find time for love. It's too heavy. It's an anchor that drowns a man. Besides, I got the sky, the smell of jet exhaust, my bike.
- Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson: A loner?
- Lt. Topper Harley: No. I own it.”
“My eyes are ceramic. Caught a bazooka round at Little Big Horn. Or was it Okinawa? The one without the Indians.”
- Ramada Thompson: I'm recommending that you be grounded.
- Lt. Topper Harley: You've got to be joking!
- Ramada Thompson: Look, if I were joking, I would've said "what do you do with an elephant with three balls?".
[he shrugs, since he has no idea what the answer is]
- Ramada Thompson: "You walk him and pitch to the rhino".
- Lt. Topper Harley:... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Adm. Thomas 'Tug' Benson: I would like to thank you for having us over for dinner the other night. Cheryl and I thought the stroganoff was marvelous.
- Lt. Cmdr. James Block: But sir, we didn't have dinner the other night.
- Adm. Thomas 'Tug' Benson: Really? Then where the hell was I? And who's this Cheryl? Bah! Doesn't matter.”
“American planes will always be superior as long as there are wonderful men like you in the cockpit. And German parts.”
“I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life.”
“I have a shell fragment the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill, 1953. The only way I can make this goddamn toupee to stay on my head is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull.”
“You have the whitest white-part-of-the-eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?”
“My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.”
“- Adm. Thomas 'Tug' Benson: We'll pick it up on the way back. We gotta mark the spot, though. Put Robinowitz in a life raft. Have him row in circles until we return.
- Communications Officer: It could be days.
- Adm. Thomas 'Tug' Benson: Then put some food in the life raft, for God's sake, man. Do I have to think of everything? We'll tape his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My whole life, all I've wanted to do is fly. Bomb stuff. Shoot people down.”
“You risked the lives of some damn fine pilots ... but that's my job!”