“The Paper” quotes(1994)
Plot – Henry Hackett, editor of the "New York Sun", lives his next twenty-four hours between the impending fatherhood, the proposal of a better job and a case of double homicide. In a short time, a lot of things happen with complications as well but, in the end, everything will be fine.
All actors – Michael Keaton, Robert Duvall, Glenn Close, Marisa Tomei, Randy Quaid, Jason Robards, Jason Alexander, Spalding Gray, Catherine O'Hara, Lynne Thigpen, Jack Kehoe, Roma Maffia, Clint Howard, Geoffrey Owens, Amelia Campbell, Jill Hennessy, William Prince, Augusta Dabney, Bruce Altman, Jack McGee, Bobo Lewis, Edward Hibbert, Michael Countryman, Siobhan Fallon, Joe Viviani, Julie Rowen, Ed Jupp Jr., Christi Hatcher, Gary Dourdan, James Ritz, Miles Watson, Divina Cook, Aloysius R. Burke, Benny Benowitz, Lee Kimball, Michael P. Moran, Jack O'Connell, Herb Krystall, Herb Lovelle, John Eric Bentley, Vincent D'Arbouze, Michael Michael, Yvonne Warden, Louisa Marie, Stephen Koepp, Victor Truro, Cedric Young, Wylie Weeks, James Colby, Paul Geier, Rance Howard, Maureen Goldfedder, Karen Church, Diane Gnagnarelli, David J. Birnbach, Amos Grunebaum, Victoria Thomas, Jacqueline Murphy, Jean Speegle Howard, Joe Pentangelo, James Nestor, Jim Meskimen, Tony Hoty, Sally-Jane Heit, Mike Girard Sheehan, Herbert Rubens, Cheryl Howard, Carol Ann Donohue, Shannon E. Donohue, Jeffrey H. Kaufman, Myra Taylor, Erika Johnson, Jan Mickens, Daniel Kenney, Thomas Long, Harsh Nayyar, Frank Inzerillo, Rosanna Scotto, Donna Hanover, Jane Hanson, Valerie Coleman, Chuck Scarborough, Brenda Blackmon, Cynthia Carter, Graydon Carter, Lou Colasuonno, Bob Costas, Larry Hackett, Harold 'Happy' Hairston, Pete Hamill, William Kunstler, Kurt Loder, Mike McAlary, Joanna Molloy, Richard Price, John Rhodes, Jerry Rosa, Linda Stasi, Dini von Mueffling, Jeannie Williams, John Miller, Debbie Gross Rodriguez, Patricia Holihan, Ralph Howard, Nick Taylorshow all
“The Paper” Quotes 28 quotes
“You wanna cover Brooklyn, then cover Brooklyn! But let me tell you something, you can't cover Brooklyn from a barstool in Manhattan.”
“- Bernie's Doctor: Now don't overreact. If we go after it early, before it metastasizes to a bone, the majority of these prostate cancer cases are beatable.
- Bernie White: Go after it how?
- Bernie's Doctor: Irridation therapy.
- Bernie White: That's fantastic. That's wonderful, because... as it turns out, that's exactly the portion of my...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Anna: Oh, Henry, this might interest you. The mother whale in the Ukraine had triplets.
- Henry Hackett: She told me she was on the pill!”
“- Marion Sandusky: You made my wife cry when she reads the paper.
- Michael McDougal: At least she bought it, didn't she?”
“- Bernie White: I hate columnists! Why do I have all these columnists? I got political columnists, guest columnists... celebrity columnists - The only thing I don't have is a dead columnist. That's the kind I could really use.
- Henry Hackett: Right. Listen...
- Bernie White: We reek of opinions. What every columnist at this paper needs to do is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Henry Hackett: When did you get so paranoid?
- Michael McDougal: When they started plotting against me.”
“Don't just take a position because it's the opposite of what she says! It's like watching a bunch of sixth graders, for Christ's sake!”
- Henry Hackett: Doesn't anybody say "good morning" any more?
- Carmen: I don't think so.
“It writes like butter. I mean, there is actual butter coming out of my pen.”
“A clipboard and a confident wave will get you into any building in the world!”
“- Michael McDougal: A woman's been shot. We need an ambulance.
- Alicia: Could I have one too?”
“Wear a tie for the interview. And promise me you won't torpedo it on purpose, okay?”
“- Henry Hackett: What if these aren't the guys? What if they're innocent?
- Alicia Clark: Taint them today, we make them look good on Saturday. Everybody's happy.
- Henry Hackett: Wait. This is a story that could permanently alter the public's perception of two teenagers who might be innocent and as a weekend bonus, ignite another race war. How...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alicia Clark: We're not exactly the Washington Post, okay?
- Michael McDougal: No, we're not. We run stupid headlines because we think they're funny. We run maimings on the front page because we got good art. And I spend three weeks bitching about my car because it sells papers. But at least it's the truth. As far as I can remeber we never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bernie White: What about something fun? Don't we have anything fun today?
- Henry Hackett: Nazis marching in New Jersey.
- Lou: There you go.
- Bernie White: Nazis are a barrel of laughs.”
“Because your whole world can change in 24 hours.”
“- Martha Hackett: Why don't you just pour battery acid down your throat?
- Henry Hackett: No caffeine.”