“River's Edge” quotes(1986)
Plot – Layne, Matt, Samson and Clarissa are four friends who spend their time drinking beer and smoking joints. The guys buy some weed by a certain Feck, a psychopath and mutilated man who killed his lover a long time ago. Tim, Matt's brother, one night sees Samson lying next to a dead naked body and thinks to take advantage of the fact, while Layne wants to get rid of the corpse. Matt reports it to the police and Tim disdains him, but the murder hangs over everyone and the group begins to crumble.
All actors – Crispin Glover, Keanu Reeves, Ione Skye, Daniel Roebuck, Dennis Hopper, Joshua John Miller, Roxana Zal, Josh Richman, Phillip Brock, Tom Bower, Constance Forslund, Leo Rossishow all
“River's Edge” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Feck: I killed a girl, it was no accident. Put a gun to the back of her head and blew her brains right out the front. I was in love.
- Samson: I strangled mine.
- Feck: Did you love her?
- Samson: She was okay.”
“- Samson: You giving my friend trouble.
- Checker: Look, I cannot sell you guys beer after two o'clock in the morning.
- Samson: Well, I'm here to turn back the time.”
“- Kevin: Don't you think violence is wrong?
- Tom: Aw, fuck off, Kevin. Wasting pigs is radical, man.”
“My leg was right out in the middle of the street. I remember lying in the gutter and bleeding and shit, staring at my leg, right next to a beer can. And I remember thinking, that's my leg... I wonder if there's any beer in that can.”
“- Clarissa: I hear they're having an open-casket funeral for Jamie. I think that's in bad taste.
- Tony: It is in bad taste. This whole episode is in bad taste. You young people are a disgrace to the human race. To all living things, to plants even. You shouldn't be seen in the same room with a cactus.”
“You've got to understand that in a time like this where every fucking second counts, a man can't waste his time choosing words.”
“- Layne: Why did you kill her?
- Samson: She was talking shit.”
“- Tony: Gimme a cigarette, man.
- Layne: You fucking gave up cigarettes.
- Tony: I gave up yesterday, not today.”
“- Bennett: Did the sight of this dead girl move you in any particular way?
- Matt: I don't know.
- Bennett: Were you shocked, angry, saddened? Did the sight please you?
- Matt: I don't know how I felt.”
“I don't like killing people. But sometimes it's necessary. That's enough for now. I, I'd like you all to leave now. Very tired. Sort of depressed. I lost a good friend today, ya know.”
“Women are evil, you had to kill her.”
“- Samson: You were a biker.
- Feck: Yeah, years ago. Oh, man. I ate so much pussy in those days, my beard looked like a glazed doughnut.”