Ione Skye quotes
“There is no chance at all. We are all trapped by a singular fate. No one ever finds the one.”
“Never trust a man who doesn't have eyes like Sinatra.”
“I'd kick you in the balls if you had any.”
“- Charles Highway: I can never get these damn things on.
- Rachel Noyce: Well, it helps if you don't undo it first.”
“- Clarissa: I hear they're having an open-casket funeral for Jamie. I think that's in bad taste.
- Tony: It is in bad taste. This whole episode is in bad taste. You young people are a disgrace to the human race. To all living things, to plants even. You shouldn't be seen in the same room with a cactus.”
“- David Schrader: I love you Frankie.
- Frankie: You do?
- David Schrader: Yeah I do.
- Frankie: I loved you first.
- David Schrader: I love you more.
- Frankie: Only because you're bigger.”
“It's like a trinity. If Bono is God then Eddie Vedder would be Jesus.”
“I am going to circumnavigate his soul until he is surrounded on all sides by my love.”
“- Diane Court: I have this theory of convergence, that good things always happen with bad things. I know you have to deal with them at the same time, but I just don't know why they have to happen at the same time. I just wish I could work out some schedule. Am I just babbling? Do you know what I mean?
- Lloyd Dobler: No.”
“Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of your time.”
“Would you do it with someone whose last name is the worst day of the week?”
“- Diane Court: I love you.
- Lloyd Dobler: What?
- Diane Court: I love you. How many more times do I have to say it?
- Lloyd Dobler: One more would be nice.
- Diane Court: I love you... please. I love you.”
“I don't want to be 60 years old some day and seemingly happily married to some man that I know is my second choice.”
“Choices are like connecting highways. They all take you to the same place. Some just take longer to get there.”
“- Charles Highway: I notice you don't have a drink.
- Rachel Noyce: Are you giving this party?
- Charles Highway: Certainly not. Parties of this kind are not given, they're received.”
“- Diane Court: I just can't have any social life right now.
- Lloyd Dobler: Don't worry about it. We're just having coffee. We'll be anti-social.
- Diane Court: Be friends?
- Lloyd Dobler: Yeah. With potential.”
“- Diane Court: You're cold.
- Lloyd Dobler: I don't think I am.
- Diane Court: Then why are you shaking?
- Lloyd Dobler: I don't know. I think I'm happy.”