“Star Trek: Nemesis” quotes(2002)
Plot – While Enterprise's crew is preparing to celebrate William Riker and Deanna Troi's wedding, a sudden call from the Starfleet forces the ship to travel to Romulus for an unexpected diplomatic mission. After a long hostility, the Romulans have decided to open peace negotiations. Once landed, however, Picard and his men face a threat that could lead to the Earth's destruction.
All actors – Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Tom Hardy, Ron Perlman, Shannon Cochran, Dina Meyer, Jude Ciccolellashow all
“Star Trek: Nemesis” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Worf: Captain, I do not think it is appropriate for a Starfleet officer to appear... naked.
- Jean-Luc Picard: Oh, come now. A big, handsome, strapping fellow like you? What can you be afraid of?”
“- Shinzon: If you had lived my life, and experienced the suffering of my people, you'd be standing where I am.
- Jean-Luc Picard: And if you had lived my life, you would understand my responsibility to the Federation.”
“- Shinzon: There is so much we need to talk about.
- Jean-Luc Picard: I will be interested to know what we are talking about.
- Shinzon: Unity, Captain. Tearing down the walls between us, to recognize that we are one. I'm talking of the thing that makes us the same. Peace. We want peace.”
“I know, on an occasion such as this, it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union, but have the two of you considered what you were doing to me? Of course you're happy, but what about my needs? This is all a damned inconvenience. While you're happily settling in on the Titan, I will be training...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You really must learn patience, Commander. Spend eighteen hours every day under the lash of a Romulan guard and you'll soon understand patience.”
“- Jean-Luc Picard: If I may, just a word of advice about your first command?
- William Riker: Anything.
- Jean-Luc Picard: When your first officer insists that you can't go on away missions...
- William Riker: Ignore him. I intend to. Serving with you... has been an honor.
- Jean-Luc Picard: The honor was mine, Captain.”
“I'm trying to believe you, Shinzon. If there is one ideal that the Federation holds most dear, it is that all men, all races can be united. What better example? A Starfleet captain, standing in the Romulan Senate. Nothing would make me more proud than to take your hand in friendship, in time... when that trust has been earned.”
“I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities.”
“- Jean-Luc Picard: If your issues are with me, then deal with me. This has nothing to do with my ship, nothing to do with the Federation!
- Shinzon: Oh, but it does. We will no longer bow before anyone as slaves. Not the Romulans and not your mighty Federation. We are a race bred for war... and conquest.”
“- Jean-Luc Picard: What is all this about?
- Shinzon: It's about destiny, Picard. It's about a Reman outcast.
- Jean-Luc Picard: You're not Reman!
- Shinzon: And I'm not quite Human! So what am I? My life is meaningless as long as you're still alive. What am I while you exist? A shadow? An echo?”
“- Data: Captain Picard agrees that the B-4 was probably designed with the same self-actualization parameters as myself. If my memory engrams are successfully integrated into his positronic matrix, he should have all my abilities.
- Geordi La Forge: Yeah, but he would also have all of your memories as well. You feel comfortable with that?
- Data:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ladies and gentlemen, and invited transgendered species. In my study of Terran and Betazoid conjugal rites, I have discovered it is traditional to present the happy couple with a gift.”
“- B-4: My... my brother was not human?
- Jean-Luc Picard: No, he wasn't. But his wonder, his curiosity about every facet of human nature allowed all of us to see the best parts of ourselves. He evolved; he embraced change, because he always wanted to be better than he was.”
“Duty. A starship captain's life is filled with solemn duty. I have commanded men in battle. I have negotiated peace treaties between implacable enemies. I have represented the Federation in first contact with twenty-seven alien species. But none of this compares with my solemn duty today... as best man.”
“Buried deep within you, beneath all the years of pain and anger, there is something that has never been nurtured: the potential to make yourself a better man. And that is what it is to be human. To make yourself more than you are.”
“Some ideals are worth dying for, aren't they, Jean-Luc?”
“Will Riker, you have been my trusted right arm for fifteen years. You have kept my course true and steady. Deanna Troi, you've been my guide... and my conscience. You have helped me recognize the better parts of myself. You are my family. And in best maritime tradition, I wish you both clear horizons. My good friends, make it so.”
“- Deanna Troi: You needn't worry. I'm going to brief your new counselor on everthing she needs to know.
- Jean-Luc Picard: Oh, like hell you are. You already know too much about me. But I take it that there will be no speeches during the ceremony on Betazed?
- William Riker: No, no speeches and... no clothes.”