“Starship Troopers” quotes(1997)
Plot – After high school graduation, Johnny Rico decides to enlist as a volunteer in the infantry to coquer Carmen Ibanez. Even if he doesn't have patriotic reasons, he prepares to become a pilot spaceships. Together with other young recruits, Rico undergoes a tough training, until he meets Dizzy Flores, a girl who's in turn secretly in love with him since school days, and Ace Levy. Soon the guy shines for his abilities and preparation and he obtains the role of team leader, but during a training a tragic accident makes him realize the pilot spaceships isn't his model job. Rico thinks to pull back when the Bugs, giant and dangerous insects, attack the Earth. The first city they destroy is Buenos Aires, Rico's city.
All actors – Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer, Denise Richards, Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, Clancy Brown, Seth Gilliam, Patrick Muldoon, Michael Ironside, Rue McClanahan, Marshall Bell, Eric Bruskotter, Matt Levin, Blake Lindsley, Anthony Ruivivar, Brenda Strong, Dean Norris, Christopher Curry, Lenore Kasdorf, Tami-Adrian George, Teo, Steven Ford, Ungela Brockman, Curnal Achilles Aulisio, Greg Travis, Bruce Gray, Denise Dowse, John Cunningham, Julianna McCarthy, Timothy McNeil, Robert David Hall, Brad Kane, Amy Smart, Timothy Omundson, Patrick Bishop, Hunter Bodine, Travis Lowen, Patrick Wolff, Mara Duronslet, Dale Dye, Mike Stokey, Tyrone Tann, Matt Entriken, Eric DaRe, Ronald L. Botchan, Walter Adrian, Stephanie Erb, Alexi Lakatos, Nathaniel Marshall, Austin Sanderford, Rhiannon Vigil, Mylin Brooks, Armand Darrius, Kai Lennox, Dawn E. Anderson, David Beckett, William Bradley, Jason Thomas Campbell, Jon Davison, R. Lee Ermey, Mohammad Faisal, Farnaz, Michael Gerald, Antonio Magrane, Steve Mora, Brooke Morales, Jim Morse, Cole Nelson, Edward Neumeier, Ryan O'Quinn, Dan Olivo, Julie Pinson, Zoë Poledouris, Mary Ann Schmidt, Tony Scoville, Julia Self, Parry Shen, K. Harrison Sweeney, Brian Tochi, Michael A. Valenzano, Cari Vega, Justin Wardshow all
“Starship Troopers” Quotes 21 quotes
“Young people all over the globe are joining up to save the future.”
“Funny how they always want to be friends after they rip your guts out.”
“- Jean Rasczak: Why are only citizens allowed to vote?
- Student: It's a reward. Something the federation gives you for doing federal service.
- Jean Rasczak: No. Something given has no value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This year we explored the failure of democracy. How our social scientists brought our world to the brink of chaos. We talked about the veterans, how they took control and established the stability that has lasted for generations since. You know these facts, but have I taught you anything of value this year?”
“- Carl Jenkins: We're in this war for the species, boys and girls. It's simple numbers. They have more. And every day I have to make decisions that send hundreds of people like you to their deaths.
- Johnny Rico: Didn't they tell you, Colonel? That's what the mobile infantry is good for.”
“- Jean Rasczak: Rico, you once asked me for advice, want some now?
- Johnny Rico: Yes, sir!
- Jean Rasczak: Never pass up a good thing.”
“I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better.”
“This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!”
“- Jean Rasczak: Rico. What is the moral difference, if any, between a civilian and a citizen?
- Johnny Rico: A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety and the body politic defending it with his life. A civilian does not.
- Jean Rasczak: The exact words of the textbook. But do you understand it? Do you believe it?
- Johnny Rico: I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We must meet this threat with our courage, our valor, indeed with our very lives to ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates this galaxy now and always!”
“- Lt. Carmen Ibanez: Johnny, wait...
- Zander Barcalow: Forget it, Ensign. He's mobile infantry. When you're paid to kill it doesn't pay to be polite.
- Johnny Rico: You got something to say about mobile infantry?
- Zander Barcalow: You heard me. You want to make something of it... private?
- Johnny Rico: No, sir, not with an officer. The mobile...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Mobile infantry does the dying. Fleet just does the flying.”
“Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But most important, she was a citizen of the Federation.”
“Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs.”
“- Zander Barcalow: My God. How could this happen?
- Lt. Carmen Ibanez: We thought we were smarter than the Bugs.”
“- Dizzy Flores: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.
- Jean Rasczak: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that. You.
- Lt. Carmen Ibanez: They wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.”
“- Johnny Rico: I wanna join up. I think I got what it takes to be a Citizen.
- Jean Rasczak: Good for you! Go find out...
- Johnny Rico: Well... my parents are against it... and I know it's my choice. I was wondering. What would you do if you were me?
- Jean Rasczak: Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has. Use...” (continue)(continue reading)