Rome quotes19 rome quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Rome. I will cherish my visit here in memory as long as I live.”
- First Centurion: What you mean "Could be worse"?
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: You could be stabbed.
- First Centurion: Stabbed? Takes a second. Crucifixion lasts hours. It's a slow, horrible death.
- Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath: At least it gets you out in the open air.
“You know what they did in Ancient Rome, when a visitor violated somebody's hospitality? They would cut off his dick and they nailed it to the fucking gate!”
“So Rome would forgive and take you back? And all they demand is for us to part. Why don't they ask the sun to fall right out of the sky?”
“- Coach Morris Buttermaker: Come on, fellas. Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Ogilvie: Yeah, it took several hundred years.”
“Columns, columns! Get your columns here! Ionic, Doric, Corinthian! Put a few columns in front, turn any hovel into a showplace! Columns! Sir, don't touch the merchandise! All right now, columns, columns!”
“C'est la vie, as the Romans say.”
“Rome is but a wilderness of tigers.”
“Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody? Because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!”
“- William Hundert: You passed.
- Sedgewick Bell: It's only a C-.
- William Hundert: Well, you know what they say about Rome.
- Sedgewick Bell: It wasn't built in a day?
- William Hundert: No. All roads lead to it.”
“- Miss Ungermeyer: Mr. Craft, you are in the most beautiful city in the world, is this having any effect on you?
- Ethan: Yeah the cobble stones are like totally thrashing on my wheels.”
“- Maximus: I am required to kill, so I kill. That is enough.
- Proximo: That's enough for the provinces, but not enough for Rome.”
“Rome. By all means. Rome!”