Emile Hirsch quotes
“Now, after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.”
“The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences.”
“Getting out of this sick society.”
“- Stacy: So, what's up with Tony? You guys still skate with him?
- Jay: He's competing with the sun for the center of the universe.”
“I'm gonna be all the way out there, all the way fucking out there. Just on my own. You know, no fucking watch, no map, no axe, no nothing. No nothing. Just be out there. Just be out there in it. You know, big mountains, rivers, sky, game. Just be out there in it, you know? In the wild.”
“I know how important it is in life to measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.”
“- Kelly: Sometimes in life if you wanna do something good, you gotta do something bad.
- Matthew Kidman: Yeah, but this is breaking and entering.”
“When you look at me, I can hardly breathe.”
“You don't need human relationships to be happy, God has placed it all around us.”
“- Tim Travis: People are so stupid. I can't bear to live around them any more.
- Sandy Travis: They only get worse.”
“- Trixie: Since when did winning become so important?
- Speed: It is important. You gotta win if you want to keep driving, and that's what I want to do. It's the only thing I really know how to do.”
“An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road.”
“If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed.”
“The freedom and simple beauty is too good to pass up.”
“Happiness only real when shared.”
“- Kyle Dwyer: Hey, Timmy, I've got a surprise for you. Want one?
- Tim Travis: What is that?
- Kyle Dwyer: Ecstasy.
- Tim Travis: Kyle, it's the middle of the day. We're mowing lawns.
- Kyle Dwyer: Exactly.”
“- Margie Flynn: I used to let Donny do... things to me.
- Francis Doyle: What kind of things?
- Margie Flynn: Everything.
- Francis Doyle: Wait, Donny who? Your brother?”