Proverbs quotes61 proverbs quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Just 'cause you pour syrup on something doesn't make it pancakes!”
“Well you know what they say... birds of a feather flock to vagina.”
“- Doc: You know what they say: people in glass houses sink ships.
- Rocco: Doc, I gotta buy you... like, a proverb book or something. This mix 'n' match shit's gotta go.
- Doc: What?
- Connor: A penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it?
- Murphy: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.”
“If we're caught, we're gonna hang... But there's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.”
“Frank, on my planet we have an expression. You rub my fur, I'll rub yours.”
“Nothing is more necessary than the unnecessary.”
“They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.”
“Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up, and he knows that he’s gotta run faster than the fastest lion, otherwise he gets killed. Every morning a lion wakes up, and he knows he’s gotta outrun the slowest gazelle, otherwise, he’s gonna starve to death. So it doesn’t matter if you’re a lion or you’re a gazelle, in Africa, when the sun rises,...” (continue)(continue reading)
There's an old saying: ”white water in the morning”.
“Time spent in conversation is never wasted.”
“- Hiccupping Nurse: Is it true that an apple a day keeps the doctor away?
- Dr. Moe Howard: Yes, that's true.
- Hiccupping Nurse: Well, then, why don't the patients eat an apple a day and save hospital expenses?”
“A house is just a building, home is a feeling.”
“What the caterpillar calls the end, the world calls a butterfly.”
“That's the world, that's politics. That's how it works. It starts out with big promises and ends up with jackshit happening.”
“You can't put a price on being able to live with yourself.”
“People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.”
“Your grandfather used to say that a bird which flies into your house is an angel. You must look upon his presence as a blessing.”
“Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can do the day after.”
A neighbor of mine says, "Looking for nice churches, come to Concrete. Looking for sin, go to Hell".
- Private Reiben: What's the saying? "If God's on our side, who the hell could be on theirs?".
- Corporal Upham: "If God is for us, who could be against us?".
- Private Reiben: Yeah, what'd I say?