Proverbs quotes61 proverbs quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Just 'cause you pour syrup on something doesn't make it pancakes!”
“They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.”
“Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up, and he knows that he’s gotta run faster than the fastest lion, otherwise he gets killed. Every morning a lion wakes up, and he knows he’s gotta outrun the slowest gazelle, otherwise, he’s gonna starve to death. So it doesn’t matter if you’re a lion or you’re a gazelle, in Africa, when the sun rises,...” (continue)(continue reading)
There's an old saying: ”white water in the morning”.
“Time spent in conversation is never wasted.”
“- Hiccupping Nurse: Is it true that an apple a day keeps the doctor away?
- Dr. Moe Howard: Yes, that's true.
- Hiccupping Nurse: Well, then, why don't the patients eat an apple a day and save hospital expenses?”
“A house is just a building, home is a feeling.”
“What the caterpillar calls the end, the world calls a butterfly.”
“That's the world, that's politics. That's how it works. It starts out with big promises and ends up with jackshit happening.”
“You can't put a price on being able to live with yourself.”
“People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.”
“Well you know what they say... birds of a feather flock to vagina.”
“Your grandfather used to say that a bird which flies into your house is an angel. You must look upon his presence as a blessing.”
“Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can do the day after.”
A neighbor of mine says, "Looking for nice churches, come to Concrete. Looking for sin, go to Hell".
“- Doc: You know what they say: people in glass houses sink ships.
- Rocco: Doc, I gotta buy you... like, a proverb book or something. This mix 'n' match shit's gotta go.
- Doc: What?
- Connor: A penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it?
- Murphy: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.”
- Private Reiben: What's the saying? "If God's on our side, who the hell could be on theirs?".
- Corporal Upham: "If God is for us, who could be against us?".
- Private Reiben: Yeah, what'd I say?
“- Billy McMahon: Come on, Megan, listen to me. Honey, let's talk about this. Is this because I'm too unselfish in bed? Because I can change it around. I'm not gonna say it's going to be easy, but I can do it. Megan, listen to me. Honey, it's always darkest before the dawn.
- Megan: No, Billy, it's not. It's actually darkest in the middle of the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“To find the rat, tail the cat.”
“Curiosity killed the dog.”