Bob Gunton quotes
“When I was drafted and shipped off to Vietnam, the signature on my orders was Nixon's.”
“- Richard M. Nixon: Did you ever mess around with Marilyn Monroe?
- Elvis Presley: No, sir.
- Richard M. Nixon: The Kennedys did, you know. Hoover played me the tape.”
“- Sheila: You made them carnivorous.
- McCabe: No, I made them omnivorous.”
“My first presidential primary vote was for Bobby Kennedy.”
“I was a grunt, walking around in the jungle of Vietnam, trying not to find the enemy.”
“- Ralph Houk: You're reading the fan mail? You're letting the fans run the team?
- Dan Topping: The fans pay your salary, Ralph.
- Ralph Houk: Well, you can change the lineup if you want, but not while I'm manager. And I'll tell you something else, the right guy is going to break that stupid record!”
“- Vic Deakins: I will deliver the weapons to the destination. But I can't depend and I can't guarantee that those assholes in Washington won't do something stupid like... not pay.
- Pritchett: What if they don't?
- Vic Deakins: If they don't, the southwest will be a quiet neighbourhood for about ten thousand years.”
“- Pritchett: You assured me everything would go smoothly.
- Vic Deakins: Everything is going smoothly, I assure you.”
“I want him found. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast... now!”