Olympia Dukakis quotes
“- Rose Castorini: Why do men chase women?
- Mr. Johnny Cammareri: Well, there's a Bible story... God... God took a rib from Adam and made Eve. Now maybe men chase women to get the rib back. When God took the rib, he left a big hole there, where there used to be something. And the women have that. Now maybe, just maybe, a man isn't complete as a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Personnel Director: Tess, Tess, Tess, Tess. You don't get ahead in this world by calling your boss a pimp.
- Tess McGill: Well, he is.”
“- Cosmo Castorini: Rose. Rose. Rose! Rose!
[She wakes up]
- Rose Castorini: Who's dead?”
“You know, you would be a much more contented, pleasant person if you would find ways to occupy your time.”
“- Clairee Belcher: Ousier's never done a religious thing in her life.
- Ouiser Boudreaux: Now that is not true. When I was in school, a bunch of my friends and I would dress up as nuns and go bar-hoppin'.”
“- Rose Castorini: But why would a man need more than one woman?
- Mr. Johnny Cammareri: I don't know. Maybe because he fears death.”