Héctor Elizondo quotes
“Food is a passion. Food is love.”
“- Joe: This is between a waltz and a tango.
- Mia Thermopolis: It's a wango?”
“I think you can tell the human condition better through comedy.”
“I'm attracted to pathos, because life is mostly pathos. I've had a lot of it in my life.”
“There only two important things in living - finding out what you do well and finding out what makes you happy. And if God is smiling on you, they're both the same thing.”
“- Ellie Graham: Where is she going?
- Fisher: I don't know, but she'll be there by 10:30 tomorrow.”
- Viscount Mabrey: Sir, you will find that the word "fear" is not in my vocabulary!
- Joe: Perhaps... but it's in your eyes.
“- Coach Ed Gennero: Wally, did you hire an Assistant Coach without telling me?
- Coach Wally Rig: No, I found a Quarterback without telling you.
- Coach Ed Gennero: I hope he gets younger as he gets closer.”
“- Major Robert Dapes: It's a girl! I want to question her.
- Captain Raphael Ramirezrez: Yes. First you, then she is 'questioned' by the sergeant and each of the men as many times as possible, and then two or three days later she is taken and shot. It would be much kinder to shoot her now.”
“- Dr. Walter Rist: I thought that you were musically inclined. Do you ever sing? You know or play any instrument?
- Angelo: Fuckin' guitar.
- Dr. Walter Rist: Is that a, a special kind of guitar?
- Angelo: No, it's regular.”
“- Chris Berman: What happened to the players?
- Coach Ed Gennero: All the players from the old team have been expelled and all the coaches have been fired.
- Chris Berman: Where will they get their new players?
- Coach Ed Gennero: Their new players must be real students. No more scholarships, no more monkey business, no more special favors or...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Dean Elias is looking for any reason to bury us.”
“- Major Robert Dapes: Why were those people shot?
- Captain Raphael Ramirez: Perhaps they tried to escape.
- Major Robert Dapes: From what?
- Captain Raphael Ramirez: From being shot.”
“I would kneel if it weren't for my knee replacement.”
“- Coach Ed Gennero: What happened, who missed their assignment?
- Coach Rig: Everybody missed their god-damn assignment!”
“At the end, I had my father in a nursing home. I gave him the best doctors in Illinois. He was a little senile... not much. I never spent much time with him. I was too busy. Finally, when I got around to seeing him, he didn't recognize me. Till the day he died, he didn't know who the hell I was.”
“I have never put on pantihose before, but it sounds dangerous.”
“- Coach Ed Gennero: Is it fatal?
- Doctor: Indigestion? Only in Mexico.”