Plot – Ted Striker, an ex-Navy pilot during the war who became a taxi driver, boards on a scheduled flight to try to win his only love over, a flight attendant called Elaine Dickinson. Things get complicated when the three pilots are caught by a sudden illness because of a fish meal served on board. Ted has the duty to fight the ghosts of the past, to take the controls of the plane and to make a landing in order to save the passengers.
All actors – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lloyd Bridges, Peter Graves, Julie Hagerty, Robert Hays, Leslie Nielsen, Lorna Patterson, Robert Stack, Stephen Stucker, Otto, Jim Abrahams, Frank Ashmore, Jonathan Banks, Craig Berenson, Barbara Billingsley, Lee Bryant, Joyce Bulifant, Mae E. Campbell, Ted Chapman, Jesse Emmett, Norman Alexander Gibbs, Amy Gibson, Marcy Goldman, Bob Gorman, Rossie Harris, Maurice Hill, David Hollander, James Hong, Howard Honig, Gregory Itzin, Howard Jarvis, Michael Laurence, David Leisure, Zachary Lewis, Barbara Mallory, Maureen McGovern, Nora Meerbaum, Mary Mercier, Ethel Merman, Len Mooy, Ann Nelson, Laura Nix, John O'Leary, Cyril O'Reilly, Bill Porter, Nicholas Pryor, Conrad E. Palmisano, Mallory Sandler, Michelle Stacy, Robert Starr, Barbara Stuart, Lee Terri, Kenneth Tobey, William Tregoe, Hatsuo Uda, Herb Voland, Jimmie Walker, Jill Whelan, Al White, John David Wilder, Windy, Jason Wingreen, Louise Yaffe, Charlotte Zucker, David Zucker, Jerry Zucker, , Larry Blake, Susan Breslau, William Duell, Sandra Lee Gimpel, Leslie Hoffman, Bill Kirchenbauer, Joyce Mandel, Paula Marie Moody, Kitten Natividad, Robert Nevin, Patrick Reynolds, Leoda Richards, Herb Vigranshow all
“Airplane!” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Airport Steward: Smoking or non-smoking?
- Ted Striker: Smoking.”
“- Dr. Rumack: What was it we had for dinner tonight?
- Elaine Dickinson: Well, we had a choice of steak or fish.
- Dr. Rumack: Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna.”
“- Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
- Ted Striker: What is it?
- Elaine Dickinson: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.”
“- Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?
- Young Girl with Coffee: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.”
“- Dr. Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
- Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
- Dr. Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.”
“- Captain Clarence Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
- Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
- Captain Clarence Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?”
“- Captain Clarence Oveur: What is it, Doctor? What's going on?
- Dr. Rumack: I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything like this since the Anita Bryant concert.”
“- Captain Clarence Oveur: I mean I'm just not sure.
- Dr. Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
- Captain Clarence Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
- Dr. Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?”
“- Ted Striker: Because of my mistake, six men didn't return from that raid.
- Elaine Dickinson: Seven. Lieutenant Zip died this morning.”
“I know but this guy has no flying experience at all. He's a menace to himself and everything else in the air... yes, birds too.”
“Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.”
“It takes so many things to make love last. But most of all, it takes respect, and I can't live with a man I don't respect.”