“Ruthless People” quotes(1986)
Plot – Sam Stone is a wealthy industrialist who hates his wife and plans to kill her. The woman is then kidnapped by an unwary couple of thugs. Sam cannot believe he got rid of her and, of course, he refuses to pay the ransom. The woman, a real shrew indeed, reveals to be unbearable for the kidnappers too.
All actors – Danny DeVito, Bette Midler, Judge Reinhold, Helen Slater, Anita Morris, Bill Pullman, William G. Schilling, Art Evans, Clarence Felder, J.E. Freeman, Gary Riley, Phyllis Applegateshow all
“Ruthless People” Quotes 19 quotes
“You've fucked with the wrong person! My husband does business with the Mafia! When they track you down, you, your entire family, everyone you ever knew will all get chainsaw enemas!”
“- Barbara: With a cute little rear end like that, you'll be the belle of the ball. Your dance card'll be filled every day. You'll be so popular, making all kinds of new, close friends. Big, ugly, hairy friends! Not that you'll ever see what they look like, 'cause you'll be facing the other way.
- Ken Kessler: You're very good at this. You should...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sandy, it's over. Sam isn't going to pay the ransom, he couldn't care less. I'm no criminal. I can't even sell retail, and that's legal!”
“- Sandy: No matter what I do, there's nothing I can say... she just tears into me! She hates me.
- Ken Kessler: Sandy, you're her kidnapper. She's supposed to hate you.”
“- Ken Kessler: We've got to be ruthless. Think ruthless.
- Sandy: What if I can't think ruthless?
- Ken Kessler: You've got to. It's good for you. It makes you strong.”
“Her father was very, very rich, and very, very sick. The doctors assured me he'd be dead any minute. There wasn't a second to lose! I rushed right out and married the boss's daughter. He was so sick, it was like the Angel of Death was sitting in the room with him, watching the clock. They pulled the plug on him... he wheezed and shook for about...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Earl Mott: Did you just shoot at me?
- Ken Kessler: No, you moron! There's police all over the place! Hundreds of them!
- Earl Mott: Do I look that stupid?
- Ken Kessler: Yes, you do!”
“- Sandy: I don't think he loves her.
- Ken Kessler: Well, let's face it, she's not Mother Teresa. Gandhi would have strangled her.”
“- Carol: Aren't you scared?
- Sam Stone: Scared? Hell, no. I'm looking forward to it. My only regret, Carol, is that the plan isn't more violent.”
“- Ken Kessler: Wouldn't it be better if we were to strike at the core of Sam's being? His reason for living?
- Sandy: Well, what would that be?
- Barbara: His testicles!”
“- Sam Stone: The last time we spoke you said my wife would be in the morgue if I didn't pay. Well, I didn't pay and just today I was at the morgue and she wasn't there. You lied to me! You know what I think?
- Ken Kessler: No.
- Sam Stone: You got no nuts! What do I have to do? Put a gun in your hand, aim and pull your finger down you spineless...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What the hell's the point of being a decent person when no-one is? Let's be assholes and get rich!”
“He said I looked like his mother. He hates his mother. So, if I look like his mother and you look like his father... this is what our son would look like. Pretty strong argument for birth control.”