“Smokey and the Bandit” quotes(1977)
Plot – Bill, a nice smuggler known by everyone as "Bandit", escapes from a sheriff who has been hunting him for a long time. He's challenged too by Enos to carry 400 cases of beer from Texas to Georgia in 28 hours. The man is attracted by the reward and by the idea to keep in challenging the sheriff who pursues him. Meanwhile Bill gives a ride to Carrie, a girl who has left her fiancé at the altar.
All actors – Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jerry Reed, Mike Henry, Paul Williams, Pat McCormick, Alfie Wise, George Reynolds, Macon McCalman, Linda McClure, Susie Ewing, Laura Lizer Sommersshow all
“Smokey and the Bandit” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Bandit: You chasin' somebody Sheriff? Somebody chasin' you?
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Nobody's chasin' me, boy!”
“There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!”
“When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.”
“- Carrie: You have a great profile.
- Bandit: Yeah, I do, don't I? Especially from the side.
- Carrie: Well, at least we agree on something.
- Bandit: Yeah. We both like half of my face.”
“Oh I love your suits. It must have been a bitch to get a 68 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf.”
“- Carrie: Actually, my heaviest relationship was with an acid-rocksinger... named Robert Crumly. We were together, oh, eight-and-a-half days. God, I really thought that was it.
- Bandit: And?
- Carrie: One day, I came home and found him in the shower... with a girl... and her mother!
- Bandit: Well, at least he kept it in the family.”
“What the hell is the world coming to?”
“Damn, he had a lot of friends, didn't he?”
“- Bandit: We have a chance. A big chance to make a run, for some big bucks. Eighty thousand of them.
- Cledus Snow: Oh, really? What we gonna do, kidnap the Pope or somethin?”
“- Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.
- Junior: What did he say?
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Shut up! One shit at a time!
- Junior: All right.”
“- Bandit: What's a Texas county mounty doing in Arkansas?
- Cledus: I don't know.
- Carrie: I don't know.
- Bandit: Well who the heck knows?
- Cledus: I really don't know.”
“- Policeman: Did you see that? They went right through our roadblock.
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: You sombitches couldn't close an umbrella.”
“What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.”
“What the hell is this, a drive-in movie?”
“Oh, I forgot to tell 'ya. I'm running blocker for 400 cases of illegal booze!”
“- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Hey boy, where's Sheriff Branford?
- Branford: I am Sheriff Branford.
- Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: Ooo, Hee-Hee. For some reason or another, you sounded a little taller on radio, hee-hee.”
“- Bandit: What do you think they do for excitement in this town?
- Cledus Snow: Probably sit around and watch the cars rust.”
“- Cledus Snow: How come we doin' this?
- Bandit: Well why not?
- Cledus Snow: Well they said it couldn't be done.
- Bandit: Well thats the reason, son!”
“- Carrie: That was great! I want to jump something else! I want to jump a car, or a house, I wanna jump something!
- Bandit: Then jump me!”