- Movie quotes
- The Great Santini
“The Great Santini” quotes
Title The Great Santini
Lewis John Carlino
Plot – Santini is a war hero and he's fond of his job. Now he's retired and wants to have a sort of fighting with anyone, so he begins to bother his son.
All actors – Robert Duvall, Blythe Danner, Michael O'Keefe, Lisa Jane Persky, Julie Anne Haddock, Brian Andrews, Stan Shaw, Theresa Merritt, David Keith, Paul Mantee, Michael Strong, Bennett Liss
“- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: Mary Anne scram, I'm starting to lose my temper; Lilian!
- Mary Anne Meechum: Dad, I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant by a negro Daddy. His name is Rufus, I didn't wanna tell you but since we're baring our souls to each other. Rufus is a pacifist; a pacifist homosexual.”
“I want us to win and win big. I want us to make our school proud, I want us to make our parentsproud, our grandparents proud, our first and second cousins proud, our poontang proud and ourselves proud.”
“- Ben Meechum: Would you like to die in action, Dad?
- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: It's better than dying of piles!”
“- Lillian Meechum: Your father is very nervous about this game. Look at me, young lady! Look at me! You've got to interpret the signals he gives off!
- Mary Anne Meechum: No problem! He always gives off the signals of a psychopathic killer, so it really doesn't matter how you interpret them!”
“- Mary Anne Meechum: Let's have a conversation Dad. Let's bare our souls and get to know one another.
- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: I don't want you to get to know me. I like being an enigma, like a Chink. Now scram.”
“- Mary Anne Meechum: Dad, why do you love me more than your other children?
- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: Beat it, I'm reading the sports page.”
“A fighting man must be vigilant to surpriseattack no matter where he is. The survival of our nation depends on the readiness of Marines all over the world. Also more importantly, you only wiped yourself twice - grossly insufficient.”
- Mary Anne Meechum: They're staring at us like we're freaks or something.
- Ben Meechum: No, they're no. Look, just pick someone out. Go on up to them and say, "Hi my name's Mary Anne Meechum. I'm new in town, like you for a friend". Just like that.
“- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: I didn't know you looked so stacked, sports fans.
- Mary Anne Meechum: How sicko sexual can you get?”
“I'd like to propose a toast, to my son. He is eighteen today. He has just ordered his first drink. Before he drinks it, I'd like to wish him a long life, a wife as fine as his mother, and a son as fine as he's been. To my son!”
“- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: Atchley do you realize that several Marines were killed by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor while taking craps?
- Col. Virgil Hedgepath: No, sir.”
“- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: There's those that has got 'em, Ben, and those that don't!
- Ben Meechum: What?
- Lt. Col. 'Bull' Meechum: Gonads, son! Big brass ones!”
“I hope he dies out there with the rest of the snakes!”
“- Mary Anne Meechum: He does remind me someone from the movies, but it's not Rhett Butler.
- Karen Meechum: Who's that?
- Mary Anne Meechum: Godzilla!”
“- Mary Anne Meechum: Can you believedad bought me this dress? He can be so childishly sentimental sometimes. Isn't this ridiculous?
- Ben Meechum: My darling, there's an enormous booger in your nose.”
“- Ben Meechum: You know what Toomer? This is terrific. There's a shooting star.
- Toomer Smalls: There's no star boy. That's the tear of infant Jesus falling on such a sinful, hateful world. This is sure one fine night, isn't it buddy boy?
- Ben Meechum: Yep, this is one fine night Toomer.”