John Rhys-Davies quotes
“God, every day I pray for you to give me the patience of Job, the wisdom of Solomon. And what do you give me? You give me the endless equivocations... of a beautiful, young woman!”
“- Gimli: Legolas! Two already!
- Legolas: I'm on seventeen!
- Gimli: Huh? I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
- Legolas: Nineteen!”
“Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?”
- Viscount Mabrey: Sir, you will find that the word "fear" is not in my vocabulary!
- Joe: Perhaps... but it's in your eyes.
“- Sallah: Indy, you have no time. If you still want the ark, it is being loaded onto a truck for Cairo.
- Indiana Jones: Truck? What truck?”
“- Gimli: Toss me.
- Aragorn: What?
- Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me. ...Don't tell the Elf.
- Aragorn: Not a word.”
“- Brad Whitaker: How do you like my personal pantheon of great commanders?
- General Leonid Pushkin: Butchers.
- Brad Whitaker: Surgeons. They cut away society's dead flesh.”
“- Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
- Legolas: And you have my bow.
- Gimli: And my axe.
- Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.”
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way around.”
“- General Leonid Pushkin: You are professional. You do not kill without reason.
- James Bond: 2 of our men are dead. Koskov's named you. Why should I disobey my orders?
- General Leonid Pushkin: I am in the dark as much as you. It is a question of trust. Who do you believe? Koskov, or me?
- James Bond: If I trusted Koskov we wouldn't be talking....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sallah: Indy, there is something that troubles me.
- Indiana Jones: What is it?
- Sallah: The Ark. If it is there, at Tanis, then it is something that man was not meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth.”
“- Aladdin: After all these years you finally have your treasure!
- Cassim: This thing? No. This wretched thing almost cost me the ultimate treasure. It's you son, you are my ultimate treasure. I'm just sorry it took me so long to realize it. The Hand of Midas can take its curse to the bottom the sea!”
“- Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf.
- Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
- Gimli: Aye. I could do that.”
“- Indiana Jones: Meet me at Omar's. Be ready for me. I'm going after that truck.
- Sallah: How?
- Indiana Jones: I don't know, I'm making this up as I go!”
“- Legolas: They have feelings, my friend. The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak.
- Gimli: Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?”
“- Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
- Aragorn: It's the beards...
- Gimli: And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no Dwarf-women, and that Dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground! Which is, of course,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Terry, listen to me: do this for the white race. You may be Irish, but they're almost white.”
“Did you know the peanut is not a nut at all? And not a pea, for that matter. It's rather odd that we call it a nut because it isn't a nut, you see. It's actually a member of the legume family. How about pea-legume? No, that doesn't make any sense, either. But whatever it is, it makes a splendid tea.”
“- Indiana Jones: I knew the Germans had hired you, Sallah. You're the best digger in Egypt.
- Sallah: My services are entirely inconsequential to them. They hired or shanghaied every digger in Cairo. The excavation is enormous. They hire only strong backs and they pay pennies for them. It's as if the pharaohs have returned.”
“I'm happy. No more Wagner.”