Bruce Greenwood quotes
“Let the junkie scum go down in flames!”
“What kind of peace do we seek? I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on Earth worth living. Not merely peace in our time but peace for all time. Our problems are manmade, therefore, they can be solved by man. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Animals... don't have a sense of time.”
“You gotta take chances for the things you care about.”
“- Hodges: You ever had a pissed-off Marine on your ass?
- Sokal: Is that a threat?
- Hodges: Oh, yes, sir.”
“I'll tell you one thing, Kenny. Those brass hats have one big advantage. That is, if we do what they want us to do, there's none of us gonna be alive to tell them they were wrong.”
“Do you know what a pain you are? You think the rules don't apply to you. There's greatness in you, but there's not an ounce of humility. You think that you can't make mistakes, but there's going to come a moment when you realize you're wrong about that, and you're going to get yourself and everyone under your command killed.”
“- Pike: That's a technicality.
- Spock: I am Vulcan, sir. We embrace technicality.
- Christopher Pike: Are you giving me attitude, Spock?
- Spock: I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?”
“I have the authority! I am the commander in chief of the United States, and I say when we go to war!”
- Charlie Anderson: Remember, if they ask you anything about your drinking, it's totally acceptable to say "I don't recall".
- Whip Whitaker: Hey, don't tell me how to lie about my drinking, okay? I know how to lie about my drinking. I've been lying about my drinking my whole life.
“- Nick: Aren't you gonna do something?
- Travis: What are you talkin' to me for? She's the one with the gun.”
“- The president: Even if something like that really did exist, why do you think I would actually just give it to you?
- Ben Gates: Because it will probably lead us to the discovery of the greatest Native-American treasure of all time; a huge piece of culture lost. You can give that history back to its descendants. And because you're the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“With a contained environment, there is the promise of friction. And that is where the drama comes from.”
“You're not really a leader until you've lost.”
“- Todd: Gentlemen, welcome. Remember: peeping is a privilege, not a right. Please remain seated at all times, keep your hands at your sides. Should you need oxygen, a mask will fall from the console above your head. Thank you. Have a nice day.
- Juan: Hey, thanks, man. We'll work for you dudes any time.
- Todd: Anything to further the education...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Think if one of their ships resists the inspection, and we shoot out its rudder, and board. They shoot down one of our planes, in response, so we bomb their anti-aircraft sites in response to that, and they attack Berlin, so we invade Cuba. And they fire their missiles... And we fire ours.”
“Being a leader isn't about ability. It's about responsibility.”
“I'm going on TV... You know, maybe the American people will go with me, even if their elected representatives won't.”
“They saved my life, these eight amazing dogs.”
“Bobby, you gotta go in there and you gotta make them understand... that we have to have an answer tomorrow... because Monday, we go to war.”