Julie Kavner quotes
“I sound New York. I sound East Coast much more than a blonde person from L.A.”
“It's so beautiful. Boy, what a world... it could be so wonderful, if it wasn't for certain people.”
“- Homer Simpson: Hey, Marge. Isn't it great being married to someone who's recklessly impulsive?
- Marge Simpson: Actually, it's aged me horribly.”
“I don't enjoy talking about myself to strangers. Particularly strangers with tapes going.”
“That's the joy of acting - you get to play people who are not you; you get to explore the dark, hidden sides of yourself.”
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
“- Lisa Simpson: But I'm so angry.
- Marge Simpson: You're a woman. You can hold on to it forever.”
- Burke Adler: Wanna have a little sex?
- Nan Mulhanney: You know, I've never hung up on anyone in my life. Because what if the next thing they said solved everything? But I feel I must end this conversation.
- Burke Adler: That's "no"? Hello?
“- Homer Simpson: Okay, son. You have only one chance to throw that bomb through the hole.
- Bart Simpson: Dad, in case I don't make it, I'm sorry I said I wish you weren't my dad.
- Homer Simpson: I don't blame you, son. I've never been that good of a father. Maybe it all starts with the way my father raised me. Yes, it's all clear to me. It's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marge Simpson: Homer, you have to go out there, face that mob, and apologize for what you did.
- Homer Simpson: I would, but I'm afraid if I open the door, they'll take all of you!
- Carl: No we won't. We just want Homer!
- Homer Simpson: Well, maybe not you, but they'll kill Grandpa!
- Grampa: I'm part of the mob!”
“- Matt Hobbs: Washington? Washington, boy, that must have been a big adjustment.
- Nan Mulhanney: It wasn't that bad. Both places have a lot in common: Over-privileged people, crazed by their fear of losing their privileges. Alcoholism. Addiction. Betrayal. The near total degradation of what once were grand motives. The same spiritual...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joe, the Narrator: Then there were my father and mother, two people who could find an argument in any subject.
- Martin, the father: Wait, you think the Atlantic is a greater ocean than the Pacific?
- Tess, the mother: No. Have it your way. The Pacific is greater.
- Joe, the Narrator: I mean, how many people argue over oceans?”
“I couldn't help overhearing because I was intentionally eavesdropping.”