Alan Rickman quotes
“There's a voice inside you that tells you what you should do.”
“I think there's some connection between absolute discipline and absolute freedom.”
“If only life could be a little more tender and art a little more robust.”
“I've never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision.”
“There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hans Gruber: Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?
- John McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.”
“No man knocks me out of my own house.”
“- Nina: Your mother!
- Jamie: You think every cloud looks like my mother.
- Nina: This one really does look like your mother! Look: eyes, nose, eyebrows... brilliant!
- Jamie: My mother has not got a beard!”
“You've been gone too long, Alice. There are matters which might benefit from your attention. Friends cannot be neglected. Hurry.”
“Before we can repent, we have to sin.”
“I'm going to go home, mix some paint, and try to create something original.”
“- Bethany: Were they sent to Hell?
- Metatron: Worse. Wisconsin. For the entire span of human history.”
“- John McClane: So that's is what this is about, Hans? A fucking robbery?
- Hans Gruber: Put down the gun.
- John McClane: Why'd you have to nuke the whole building, Hans?
- Hans Gruber: Well, when you steal $600, you can just disappear. When you steal 600 million, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.”
“- Eamon de Valera: They call us murderers.
- Michael Collins: War is murder! Sheer, bloody murder!”
“Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood? You don't know? Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it?”
“Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar.”
“- Colonel Brandon: What can I do?
- Elinor Dashwood: Colonel, you have done so much already...
- Colonel Brandon: Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.”
“- Gwen DeMarco: Alex, where are you going?
- Alexander Dane: To see if there's a pub.”
“- Elinor Dashwood: The sooner she becomes acquainted with the ways of the world, the better.
- Colonel Brandon: I knew a lady very like your sister - the same impulsive sweetness of temper - who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world. The result was only ruination and despair. Do not desire it, Miss Dashwood.”