Adaptation quotes29 adaptation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I learned to take the first job that you have in the business that you want to get into. It doesn't matter what that job is, you get your foot in the door.”
“We are all just one small adjustment away from making our lives work.”
“We'll be eating nothing but Vietnamese food from now on. We don't want to be tramping through the jungles, smelling like Americans.”
“- Ted Rankin: I know you are having a few adjustment problems.
- Sarah Zoltanne: Adjustment problems? Not getting picked for the prom committe, that's an adjustment problem!”
“You know, the longer you wait, the harder it's gonna to be for him to adapt. And the harder it's gonna be for you to leave him.”
“This city's got a beat, and you gotta hook into it. And once you get the beat, you can do anything.”
“- Harry Sanborn: I have never lied to you. I have always told you some version of the truth.
- Erica Barry: The truth doesn't have versions, okay?”
“The warrior uses whatever is closest to hand.”
“It's survival of the fittest, Max, and we've got the fucking gun.”
“- Taylor: I didn't make the world the way it is, Harold. I'm just trying to get through it, as fast and as clean as possible.
- Harold: We all make the world the way it is.”
“Do you think we choose the times into which we are born? Or do we fit the times we are born into?”
“- Elinor Dashwood: The sooner she becomes acquainted with the ways of the world, the better.
- Colonel Brandon: I knew a lady very like your sister - the same impulsive sweetness of temper - who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world. The result was only ruination and despair. Do not desire it, Miss Dashwood.”
“- Josie McCoy: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. And when the going gets tough...
- Melody: The tough make lemonade!”
“The world just wants us to fit in, and to fit in, we gotta be like everyone else.”
“We are trying to adapt to the Indian diet. Meat is only a memory for us.”
“If you're going to live in a whorehouse, there's only one thing you can do: be the best damn whore around.”
“A reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him. An unreasonable man expects to the world to adapt to him. Therefor all progress is made by unreasonable men.”