“Who Framed Roger Rabbit” quotes(1988)
Plot – 1947, Hollywood. In a movie studio two cartoons are acting a very lively scene: Herman, a very vivacious but dangerous baby, is acting with his baby-sitter Roger Rabbit, who always puts himself in danger to save Herman. At the end of the scene, the director is not satisfied with Roger’s interpretation. He’s in fact stressed by family concerns as he's afraid his beautiful wife Jessica, a successful singer, is cheating on him with the owner of Toontown, Marvin Acme. Roger hires Detective Eddie Valiant, but the man is of no use so Roger is upset. When the police finds Acme’s body, they blame Roger for it.
All actors – Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, Charles Fleischer, Stubby Kaye, Alan Tilvern, Richard LeParmentier, Lou Hirsch, Betsy Brantley, Joel Silver, Paul Springer, Richard Ridings, Edwin Craig, Lindsay Holiday, Mike Edmonds, Morgan Deare, Danny Capri, Christopher Hollosy, John-Paul Sipla, Laura Frances, Joel Cutrara, Billy J. Mitchell, Eric B. Sindon, Ed Herlihy, James O'Connell, Eugene Guirterrez, April Winchell, Mae Questel, Mel Blanc, Tony Anselmo, Mary T. Radford, Joe Alaskey, David L. Lander, Fred Newman, June Foray, Russi Taylor, Les Perkins, Richard Williams, Wayne Allwine, Pat Buttram, Jim Cummings, Jim Gallant, Frank Sinatra, Tony Pope, Peter Westy, Cherry Davis, Jack Angel, Jeffrey Arbaugh, Nancy Cartwright, Sadie Corre, Christine Hewett, Kit Hillier, Derek Lyons, Philip O'Brien, Ken Ralston, Kathleen Turner, Frank Welkershow all
“Who Framed Roger Rabbit” Quotes 29 quotes
“Scotch on the rocks... and I mean ice!”
“- Eddie Valiant: Dolores, you need to find yourself a good man.
- Dolores: But I already have a good man.”
“Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I've still got it. Boo boo be do, boo.”
“Back in those days, me and Teddy liked working Toontown, thought it was a lot of laughs. Anyway, this guy got away with a zillion simoleons. We trailed him to a little dive down on Yukster Street. We went in. Only he got the drop on us, literally. Dropped a piano on us from fifteen stories. Broke my arm, Teddy never made it.”
“Is he always this funny, or only on days when he's wanted for murder?”
“- R.K. Maroon: How much do you know about show business, Mr. Valiant?
- Eddie Valiant: Only that there is no business like it, no business I know.
- R.K. Maroon: Yeah. And there's no business more expensive. I'm 25 grand over budget on the latest Baby Herman cartoon. You've seen the rabbit blowing his lines. He can't keep his mind on his job....” (continue)(continue reading)
“For crying out loud, Roger, I don't know how many times we have to do this damn scene! Raoul, I'll be in my trailer, taking a nap!”
“- Jessica Rabbit: You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do.
- Eddie Valiant: You don't know how hard it is being a man looking at a woman looking the way you do.
- Jessica Rabbit: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.”
“- Judge Doom: You see, Mr. Valiant, the successful conclusion of this case draws the curtain on my career as a jurist in Toontown. I'm retiring, taking a new role in the private sector.
- Eddie Valiant: That wouldn't be Cloverleaf Industries, by any chance?
- Judge Doom: You're looking at the sole stockholder.”
“- Eddie Valiant: Seriously, what do you see in that guy?
- Jessica Rabbit: He makes me laugh.”
“Jeepers, another stupid newsreel! I hate the news!”
“Roger, darling. I want you to know I love you. I've loved you more than any woman's ever loved a rabbit.”
“- Roger Rabbit: What could have possibly happen to you to turn you into such a sourpuss?
- Eddie Valiant: You really want to know? I'll tell you. A toon killed my brother.”
“- Dolores: Do you wanna tell me what she was doing with her arms around you?
- Eddie Valiant: Probably looking for a good place to stick a knife!
- Dolores: Come on, Eddie! I caught you with your pants down!”
“I'm looking for a murderer. A rabbit. A toon rabbit.”
“I'm on the verge of wrapping up this case.”
“- Eddie Valiant: So that's why you killed Acme and Maroon? For this freeway? I don't get it.
- Judge Doom: Of course not. You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night. Soon, where Toon Town once stood will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lt. Santino: Judge Doom killed Marvin Acme.
- Eddie Valiant: And R.K. Maroon. And my brother.
- Lt. Santino: Now that's what I call one seriously disturbed toon.”
“What an unfortunate accident. Nothing more treacherous than a slippery road, especially when driving in a maniacal toon vehicle.”
“- Eddie Valiant: The job will cost you a hundred bucks, plus expenses.
- R.K. Maroon: A hundred bucks? That's ridiculous!
- Eddie Valiant: So's the job.”