“A Knight's Tale” quotes(2001)
Plot – If you strongly believe in something, nothing is impossible, even changing your life’s fate': this is the message of a humble craftsman for his son William. The order of the world is immutable in the fourteenth century Europe: for William it is impossible to think that he can change his life and his destiny, realizing his dream of becoming a knight. One day during a tournament in which horsemen compete in courageous and skillful challenges, fate offers William a chance of redemption. Among the horses’ pawing of the ground, the screaming crowd and the catching notes of Queen’s “We will rock you”, the unknown William turns into the aristocratic Ulrich Von Lichtenstein. William faces the famous champion Michael Jordan, the “best player of the year”. William has to face a brave last-ditch challenge where the odds at stake are pride, power and prestige.
All actors – Heath Ledger, Rufus Sewell, Shannyn Sossamon, Paul Bettany, Laura Fraser, Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk, Bérénice Bejo, Scott Handy, James Purefoy, Leagh Conwell, Christopher Cazenove, Steven O'Donnell, Jonathan Slinger, Nick Brimble, Karel Dobrý, Philip Lenkowsky, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Petr Meissel, Matthew Mills, Daniel Rous, Vladimír Kulhavý, Miroslav Mokos, Noel le Bon, Scott Bellefeville, David Schneider, Rudolf Kubík, David Fisher, David Sterne, Alice Connor, Alice Bendová, Berwick Kaler, Howard Lotker, Jan Kuzelka, Václav Krejcí, Jan Nemejovský, , Jakob Schwarzshow all
“A Knight's Tale” Quotes 21 quotes
“- Wat: I don't understand women.
- Geoffrey Chaucer: Nor do I. But they understand us. Well, maybe not you.”
“- William Thatcher: My pride is the only thing that they can't take from me.
- Jocelyn: They can take it away from you; they can, and they will. Oh, they will. But love they cannot take.”
“- French Squire 1: An Englishman will not win this French tournament. English legs are unsteady on French soil.
- French Squire 2: And because French wine is too much for English bellies.
- French Squire 3: And most importantly, because the Pope himself is French.
- Roland: Well, the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English! You're on!”
“Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough.”
“If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.”
“And one and two and three and four and your hands should be light like a birdie on a branch. And one and two and three and four and Wat doesn't lead, he follows like a girl.”
“I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face.”
“- Jocelyn: Your name makes no matter to me, so long as I may call you my own.
- William Thatcher: Oh, but I am your own, Jocelyn.”
“All human activity lies within the artist's scope.”
“- William Thatcher: Were you robbed?
- Geoffrey Chaucer: [laughs] Funny really, yes, but at the same time a huge resounding no. It's more of an... involuntary vow of poverty... really.”
“Change your stars and live a better life than I have.”
“- Jocelyn: I demand poetry, and when I want it, and I want it now.
- William Thatcher: Your breasts... they're beneath your throat.”